Whipping Boy - Roisin Dubh - May 20th (1 Viewer)

I thought the Academy gig was really good, could've been louder though.

Glad i missed these gigs. They were one of the best live bands i've ever seen live in their heyday and that's the way i want to remember them.

i thought it was evident from the post that i was a big fan before i saw them live, but maybe i need to clarify that. begrudgery is wanting someone to fail before they do. there's a difference. cheers.

fair point that, your right. i was having some tacky fun with words. i seen them earlier in the year in galway and thought it was deadly, but possibly for the same reasons you didnt enjoy them. i sorta like bands like that and submarine became my faves whipping boy album after a time, so i suppose i didnt want a rendition of heartworm and was hoping for a more submarine era set. i hadnt seen them before this year either.

fair point that, your right. i was having some tacky fun with words. i seen them earlier in the year in galway and thought it was deadly, but possibly for the same reasons you didnt enjoy them. i sorta like bands like that and submarine became my faves whipping boy album after a time, so i suppose i didnt want a rendition of heartworm and was hoping for a more submarine era set. i hadnt seen them before this year either.

Submarine is great too. actually the best bits live were the more guitar-heavy tracks from Submarine, at least the bits before Fergal started singing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back