Whipping Boy - Roisin Dubh - May 20th (1 Viewer)

I played a few shows with these lads.God they were dreary.

I'm so conflicted about this. Yes they're great but jaysus their last reunion gig was awful.
Yeah, they played for far too long and there was no atmosphere at all. The Roisin Dubh gig was supposed to have been great though - Whipping Boy were always better in smaller venues.

Love Whipping boy,but never got to see them
I did see Fergal's previous band in Whelan's a few years back and it was a fucking embarrassment to say the least

...I'm glad to say it looks like he's turned it around though

The Shitty Shit Shits has 13 friends.

http://www.myspace.com/shityshitshits

I've a feeling this isn't the full original line up and it'll probably be a lot better because of it.

I saw them on thier first comeback date in the Olympia and it was alright, they seemed a bit overawed with the occasion* and the stage seemed too far a way from the crowd for Ferghal's liking but I think the fact that I was seeing songs live that I thought I'd never see live as i only really got into them after they split up made me think it was a better gig then it actually was BUT I saw them on the same tour in Dolan's Warehouse in Limerick and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. The venue was the perfect sixe, the crowd were well up for it and the band had been touring a while and were well over their earlier nerves.

*I was speaking to the bass player (who was still sporting the mid 90s centre parting hair do) after the gig and he confirmed this !!

I saw them on thier first comeback date in the Olympia and it was alright, they seemed a bit overawed with the occasion* and the stage seemed too far a way from the crowd for Ferghal's liking but I think the fact that I was seeing songs live that I thought I'd never see live as i only really got into them after they split up made me think it was a better gig then it actually was BUT I saw them on the same tour in Dolan's Warehouse in Limerick and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. The venue was the perfect sixe, the crowd were well up for it and the band had been touring a while and were well over their earlier nerves.

*I was speaking to the bass player (who was still sporting the mid 90s centre parting hair do) after the gig and he confirmed this !!

It was possibly the most fucked up gig I've ever been at. He had a ritual burning of the evening herald on stage, then started introducing the band saying shit like, who'd have thought a young lad from james' st would have ended up here. Where?

I'm off to bump an old thread. There was a cracking review of that gig on some other site and someone copied it onto thumped at the time. I'm away to find it.

was at that reunion gig in the olympia. loved their stuff but was too young to ever go see them. they were alright. pretty meh. around the same time i was getting in to the redneck manifesto and they were playing the thumped xmas party down the road. really regretted not going to that instead. still, wouldnt mind seeing them again hoping that he's not acting like a prick still

He's been known to wrap his head in cling film, strip naked and.... decorate... himself with a broken bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back