Where's the best place to buy a turntable? (1 Viewer)

Lauren

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help.

I'm looking to buy a nice turntable with inbuilt speakers, not more than €120-150ish, and preferably with a lid/case/in a retro box-type-thing.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin/online that does decent turntables for a decent price?

Cheers :)

Tesco are doing a retro suitcase type record player- and its pretty cheap

Not as nice as the Steepletone Roxys or the original Dansettes but for the price not bad

Peats Electronics on Parnell St are doing a really nice Retro one that has a USB connection. Don't know about the built in speakers though. It looks like it might. Think it's about 175.

theres dansettes on ebay. surprised they dont keep making them, handy little thing by the looks of it.

Peats Electronics on Parnell St are doing a really nice Retro one that has a USB connection. Don't know about the built in speakers though. It looks like it might. Think it's about 175.

They have some cute-looking retro record players in Peats for cheap alright. Aesthetically they're great, but besides that I imagine they're probably junk.

Thanks, guys.

I might have a look in Peat's during the week.. the Dansette style is actually exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't really afford something that expensive at the moment.. someday, maybe..

Not meant to be great. I don't see the point in it. Even I was able to figure out connecting my stereo to my computer. After that i'm still stuck but I got them connected.
I think the point is you don't get stuck after the initial "connecting to the PC" bit! The USB turntable does most of the conversion hard work for you - once it's connected you just play the record and the bundled software rips the audio to MP3 files.

€179 is way too much though.

not a retro stylish looking thing, but the vestax handytrax is a good bet. i believbe xmusic on the quays probably have them. Peats might too. Or that place on capel street.

I have my record player hooked up through my pc all the time so that i can listen to records through my good speakers. This means i can put on a record while im surfing the net or whatever and be recording it on to the pc at the same time however the hassle of having to open up soundforge and chop each side into individual tracks means that i very rarely bother transferring stuff to cd unless someone really hassles me for a copy of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back