Where the present Republican movement wrong for their beliefs/war from 1969-1998 (2 Viewers)

Not my intention. What made them change their minds?

no.
Like the other guy said, the provo's, and the violence in general, were obstacles to talk/peace/blah de blah. I realise the sinn fein/provo connection. I don't think the fact that they had two jobs within Republicanism mean's anything except that it would have been near impossible to negotiate with them.

The Provo's became an obstacle to talks when they became an embarrasment and an impediment to the political ambitions of Adams and his cohorts. The point I would make is that the provos were made to do the dirty work of the leadership and then discarded when it became politically expedient. That is why without the provos it would have been impossible not to negotiate with them. Bald political ambition is what changed their minds.

I'm gonna go with.....maybe.

Actually, i'm not. What are you up to janer?

Lets hear it for the Ra.

ra-drawing.gif

The Provo's became an obstacle to talks when they became an embarrasment and an impediment to the political ambitions of Adams and his cohorts. The point I would make is that the provos were made to do the dirty work of the leadership and then discarded when it became politically expedient. That is why without the provos it would have been impossible not to negotiate with them. Bald political ambition is what changed their minds.

Y'see here, y'see this? What you said here, the way you phrased it, the tone of it, to me, it sounds mad. I would say a lot of people would feel similarly to me. It sounds feckin' cracked.

BUT,
you clearly believe it. That's fine. But I'm not gonna be able to discuss anything with you if that's your point of view, it would be a mess.
So, we're at an empass that we're not going to be able to breach on the politics board of thumped on a friday evening. And Janer threads that aren't very well thought out, and have as much if not more to do with causing a ruckus as anything else, aren't going to help anybody's understanding of anything.

So there you are.

I bow out of this discussion.

Provisionally

(boomboom)

SeanC if you are from Dublin and you go to a gig I will explain far better in a live debate, your reply is from someone who is convinced they know and won't listen to any other view (sure theres a posh word for that)

Not that I agree with Crusticides version either.....

So tell me did you think the IRA from the 56-62 border campaign were "terrorists"?

your reply is from someone who is convinced they know and won't listen to any other view (sure theres a posh word for that)

Nah, that's not it. It's just that it's gonna be too hard for meself and crusticide to even understand each others points of view that I reckon it would be a waste of time to try it, right now anyway.
There's lots of other things that need to be sorted out before we can come back to the subject of this particular topic. For me at least.
If I kept up with this wee chat, someone would get pissed off and then there'd be a load of shite thrown about the place, and in the end we'd be no closer to figuring anything out. Therefore, I'll leave it, rather than embarrassing myself by getting into one of those stupid arguements that threads like this usually cause. I'm not leaving it because "I'm convinced I know", if anything it's the opposite.
I'll keep reading it and weighing up the merits or otherwise of people's points of view.

Thats what I was doing but u know what, we are all idiots because this debate be it on line or in a pub or whereever always ends up in each side totally entrenched.

I only started this thread cos I felt I was pounced on by the Northie Punks lol

Their view is there view and mine is mine vbut I wasn't ranting at theres

fuck sure lots of grammer mistakes in the above

Anyway Hamas in my eyes are not terrorists....debate !ninjaaaa

Y'see here, y'see this? What you said here, the way you phrased it, the tone of it, to me, it sounds mad. I would say a lot of people would feel similarly to me. It sounds feckin' cracked.

BUT,
you clearly believe it. That's fine. But I'm not gonna be able to discuss anything with you if that's your point of view, it would be a mess.
So, we're at an empass that we're not going to be able to breach on the politics board of thumped on a friday evening. And Janer threads that aren't very well thought out, and have as much if not more to do with causing a ruckus as anything else, aren't going to help anybody's understanding of anything.

So there you are.

I bow out of this discussion.

Provisionally

(boomboom)

so you have no response to crusticide so you just say hes saying mad stuff and other people would agree with you. lazy!!

so you have no response to crusticide so you just say hes saying mad stuff and other people would agree with you. lazy!!

Well, yeah.

There's a lot of stuff there that I don't get at all. The quickest way for me to explain it would be if I just started slagging him off, and I'm not bothered doing that.
Thanks.

Name a war where there was no atrocities?

also The IRA killed far far less % of civilians then the Loyalists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back