Whens the Complan record coming out? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0
I don't think they've even started recording it yet. The demo I have here, that Cormac recorded this year is amazing though.

We're gonna do a better version of that next time we practice - the one I did was grand, but it was the first recording I made with some new gear, so now I know how to make it better again. If I can get it recorded will enough and mixed well enough, then we might even be able to use it for a release.
After we have some benefit gigs to pay for the microphones I already own, that is

What microphones do you already own?

And sure upload the demo thats there already ffs.

aye +1 i'd love to get me hands on your demo. already have 5 tunes from ages ago. also i think once the demo is done, get some good session muscians in for the final tracking. i 100% recommend these guys, pulled me through many's a fix.

img-giant-huff-dann-2.jpg

amd_who_drummer_zak-starkey.jpg

cover_7251321122007.jpg

What microphones do you already own?

And sure upload the demo thats there already ffs.

Nothing special, just decent stuff that gets the job done. Couple of Beta-57s, a Beta-58, and a couple of cheaper 58 knockoffs that are fine really. A T-Bone drum mic set, that is grand. Couple of Rode M3 condensers, that are fairly handy. A Rode NT2-A, and a Behringer B-1 - both pretty good mics for their price, and fairly versatile.
Put altogether, decent recording gear that importantly for me is pretty flexible with set-ups that can be used in numerous different situations.

I'll fire a few of the new tracks up when I get a chance. Anyone know where the best place to host music is right now?

Cool.

I reckon Soundcloud is still the best option..although bandcamp allow the user to choose the format

Right eh, so I'm not quite sure how this works, but I've stuck a few of our newer demo tracks on Soundcloud. Hopefully with these links here you can at least listen to them and maybe download them too. Like I say, I'm not sure how it works, here goes:

http://soundcloud.com/complan/challenge-demo

http://soundcloud.com/complan/break-free-demo

http://soundcloud.com/complan/killian-demo

2 of these songs were on our old demo, so you could compare them if you have that, ha. These recordings were taken at the Karate Klub using a live kind of set-up. This was my first time using a load of new gear, so I have already improved a lot since these recordings - there were some problems with these that have been taken care of for future recordings, etc. Because of this, we will be recording all the stuff again sometime soon, and the quality will be much better again if all goes well!

Edit: Also, these tracks are in MP3 format to save space. I hate MP3 though, sounds shite compared to good codecs.

AWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!

FUCKING DEADLY!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back