When Under Ether - new music show on RTE 2 (2 Viewers)

Re: When under ether

cant quite make up my mind about this. seems a little forced or false or something. content is kinda all over the shop. overall its pretty well put together but just something seems really stilted. like, it looks great, but a room with peeling wallpaper and stuff? hmm.

if they can hold up with the likes of health as content it could be really good. but how long before it becomes a feature for the coronas and the blizzards?

glad to see this on the telly though. hi 5s everyone.

Sure there are only 6 episodes. Less introducing of a video with the press release would be good. Production values seemed decent bu'.

a bit snobby there g.
just flicked through it. pity Delorentos were acoustic. Surley the technology exists to do decent sounding live electric stuff these days.
fair play though etc..

would

a bit snobby there g.
just flicked through it. pity Delorentos were acoustic. Surley the technology exists to do decent sounding live electric stuff these days.
fair play though etc..

would
how so anthony? ive been keeping my eye on a show like this for a long time and like i say im delighted to see it on the air. i merely suggested that i felt something was missing from it.

have you watched the analogue episode one? i mean, thats done with no budget and has twice the amount of character. see what im saying?

in some ways i feel like this is a visual equivalent of hotpress magazine.

was it my comment about the coronas and blizzards? ive nothing against those dudes but id just hate to see it swing that direction over time. we'd be back to square one. i think its pretty interesting having the likes of delorentos and health in the same show. but it needs to have that balance.

im most certainly not snobbing this at all. didnt appreciate that comment much.

Quiet good. It's good to see Dave Fanning is not involved. Every time there's a series of the last broadcast or the eleventh hour you can be guaranteed there will be the same old extensive interviews with REM (whom I like) or Nick Cave (not really). It's way too predictable.

It would be good if the band performances were full electric. I really like that Delorentos track, the plugged version.

This show is proof that emailing RTE can work. I starting a new petition for Grainne Seoige to present all her show naked. It just might work.

Surley the technology exists to do decent sounding live electric stuff these days.

Name a couple of shows that have good-sounding live recordings of bands..
Live from Abbey Road obviously.
Jools Holland I suppose.

After that the field gets pretty thin.
Last good-sounding live recording you heard on RTE?
Imagine the kind of budget / facilities those shows have.
Totally impractical to do anything other than an acoustic performance I think.

Yeah, Other Voices sounds good.
But then again it doesn't have to be as current as the WUE format and can be recorded and mixed months in advance of its air date.

i think the saw doctors recorded a girls aloud song on 'band from school' as well, they sounded grand.

didnt see your reply till after that.

was it my comment about the coronas and blizzards? ive nothing against those dudes but id just hate to see it swing that direction over time. we'd be back to square one. i think its pretty interesting having the likes of delorentos and health in the same show. but it needs to have that balance.

im most certainly not snobbing this at all. didnt appreciate that comment much.

yea, it was about the coronas etc. I wouldn't begrudge them any coverage. Not my bag, sure, but that's neither here nor there.

and as for sound, my problem is with most Irish produced stuff. Everyone, everyone, regardless of who they are sound terrible on Irish tv (that I've seen, correct me please). It just mystifies me. In out old rehearsal room with the most basic of mic and PT set ups we got a sound that would be perfectly acceptable for a live in the studio yoke.
I was just wondering if the delo was acoustic because it was easier. It did sound fine though.

Elton needs to share his hair styling tips.

(remember the cut of Daragh Purcell's hair on the weekend TV3 music show in the late-ish 90's? Jaysus)

The format was pretty much the same as Nightshift on Channel 6 except instead of an attic, Michelle was droiding her lines in what looked like a hipster squat.

She got a good bit of facetime during the interview and seemed to lack any interest in what yer man was spouting on about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back