Whelan's into Mono.........? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
Originally posted by Donal
plus it will put an end to bigger bands booking whelans for 3 nights in a row - Paddy Casey or Jimmy Cake or whatnot - when they can now play The Village. Which means there will be more free dates/chance of getting a gig in whelans ...

sounds good to me.

ungrudgery

D

Good point :)

66 electric

Originally posted by the66electric
I reserve judgement till i'm in the place looking at a band. But 400 ain't too bad. TBMC costs 750.

TBMC prices vary, and depend on what way you're looking to promote a gig.

Originally posted by pee pee
was that for the whole night willy?
or just till 11?

That was until eleven. We could have got a club on Sunday night... yonks ago though.

Are you going to have this Muff-fest in the Village? You'd get a crowd if you put on that lesbo Russian duo... coz they're mad into their feminisim..

As a new member to the site i thought it was time to voice my opinion!!!
the wexford inn is a brill business idea! There is room for more decent music venues around dublin. Now theres an obvious statement!!! Seriously though for any business minded people i would suggest opening a good music venue like whelans in the rathmines area. Surrounded by student accomadation, two niteclubs down the road etc etc. Very well situated on bus routesx. Slatterys is very good and proven to be quite popular but aint really for the heavier style band. €400 is very good for a venue of the calibre it's being made out to be!
Anyways
.|..|
Shanners

Originally posted by Knacker
Are you going to have this Muff-fest in the Village? You'd get a crowd if you put on that lesbo Russian duo... coz they're mad into their feminisim..

Has Ireland ever had a Fem-fest?

Was going to attend a few of those les femmes s'en melent gigs last year in France but I was too poor.

Here, people who moan about Village prices, wasn't The Shelter 400 blips for a poor man's Whelah's?
Maybe you pay extra to play behind a big pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back