What's your chipper fare? (1 Viewer)

What's your chipper fare?

• Total voters
does anywhere in dublin do deep fried mars bars?

it'll be one of those things i will have once and never have again but.

Bring you own - and don't some chippers sell chocolate? If so, just say something along the following lines

'Would you mind asking the chef if he would deign to create that most delightful of culinary confectionary treats - the deep fried Mars Bar'

You were in Streatham?

You actually ate something from a Streatham chipper?

yes, a mate of mine lived there for a couple of years.

first night I arrived he took me to an Indian takeaway at the bottom of his road. He asked for a balti chicken and shouted aggressively at the proprietor 'Make sure the chicken is fucking cooked properly this time!'

I turned to look at him and he said 'Last time I was here the chicken was cooked medium'.

yes, a mate of mine lived there for a couple of years.

first night I arrived he took me to an Indian takeaway at the bottom of his road. He asked for a balti chicken and shouted aggressively at the proprietor 'Make sure the chicken is fucking cooked properly this time!'

I turned to look at him and he said 'Last time I was here the chicken was cooked medium'.
I used to live there. Not the greatest place in the world.

I've had deep-fried Haggis. Heart-attack highway!!!

"one chip please" says i

"salt and vinegar?" says he.

"please,loadsa vinegar" says i.

"tell me when" says he.

at which point i watch him drown the top layer of the chips for about 8 seconds in the stuff.

Couple in a chipper, somewhere in Dublin:

Man turns to woman...

"What do you mean I don't love you!?? Amn't I buyin' ye chips?"

"one chip please" says i

"salt and vinegar?" says he.

"please,loadsa vinegar" says i.

"tell me when" says he.

at which point i watch him drown the top layer of the chips for about 8 seconds in the stuff.
.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

and then they kinda glance up at you questioningly as they continue to pour it over the chips and you just give them that encouraging
"ill tell you stop when i mean it ok????" look.

ha!

Bus to Balham train station. Then to Brixton tube station. Every time I alighted in Brixton I was stopped and asked for money, fags, travel pass etc.

Our paths criss-cross far too regularly. I'll probably move to Newbridge in a couple of years.

Brixton Tube Station... what a fun place.
Balham's not bad though.

Streatham can be summed up as the place where X Factors Chicko first found fame as a male stripper at Caesars.
Jesus.

Oh! And the Coin-Operated Laundrette featured in the Bill recently.

and then they kinda glance up at you questioningly as they continue to pour it over the chips and you just give them that encouraging
"ill tell you stop when i mean it ok????" look.

ha! by La La

....the real chip pros will give a second bagging so that the arse of the bag wont break once you hit the street

does anywhere in dublin do deep fried mars bars?

it'll be one of those things i will have once and never have again but.

Apparantly the Sea Shell down between Trinity and the Quays do.

http://www.thedubliner.ie/template.php?ID=169

The Sea Shell “You can bring in what you like and we’ll batter it for you,” says chipper Dave. A customer beside me asks him if he would like to batter a bowl of soup. “Too messy,” says Dave, “but we have deep fried grapes and slices of Rivita in the past. You can find Moros and Snickers and fruit pastilles on the menu. People who come into the Sea Shell and have never tried a deep fried chocolaty treat are referred to as virgins. If you’re a virgin you have to start with a Mars Bar and work you way up to the Cadbury’s Creme Egg. They also do a Suicide Sandwich. It consists of two slices of white bread, filled with Nutella, which is then dipped in batter, fried and covered in strawberry sauce.

Borza's, isn't it? That guy used to be tremendously handsome. Like Rudolph Valentino.

Sounding a bit gay there Billy, London's changed you man...

Couple in a chipper, somewhere in Dublin:

Man turns to woman...

"What do you mean I don't love you!?? Amn't I buyin' ye chips?"

Isn't it "don't I ride ya and buy ya chips"?

Anyways, back on topic...

I used to be all about the Chicken Fillet kebab and chips out of the Roxy, then they fucked me over so I tolt them to shove their kebab up their holes (again)

Now its a single and a fresh cod/chicken burger out of Tony's, or a Fish Box out of the chipper in Finglas, or if I venture back down the 'rane its a bag of chips without the hair.

Its a rare thing that i go to a chipper, but yeah a single or for a feast it would have to be a smoked cod and chips. Tasty indeed.

Borza's is the one in Sandymount alright, a sunny summers day out side the local for a impromptu session and a bag o'chips nice....

as most of my mates live abroad and return for the christmas festivities we usually hit up the auld haunts down Ranelagh way and particalary the Ranelagh Takeaway. But this year one of me mates has been living in Italy and has mastered the language, so we'll be in with the sole purpose of translating what the hell the Big fat bald lad and his brother the small bald lad are going on about. I reckon they hate each other and are all pass remarkable about everyone that comes in. It’ll be funny for us anyways

I can't believe nobodies mentioned chips'n'!cheezy or chips'n'!cheezy'n'garlic sauce. Fuck sake like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back