Whats the story with Tesco's? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 4
buy%20british.JPG

Mind you that Galahad shite is manky and they dropped it from 4.1 to 3.8 abv.My auld dear used to drink it until one morning we were having a few cans and she produced the Galahad and I pointed out the 3.8ness of it.Nearly swallowed her fag.Swears by lidls gargle now.
brilliant!haha!
I love that 3l stuff...needs to be freezin cold though...find druids/hornets scrumy to be too stong tasting, wouldnt go near bulmers or drink kopperberg type stuff, so tescos perfect...be amazed it its that cheap down here aswell...sweet deal!!

euch, cider, used to be a fan but a couple of bouts of gullet-rot put me off.........ever had a prolonged cider binge and found on day 3 or 4 that it's horribly painful to swallow because your gullet feels like it's partly dissolved? bollocks to that

what can I say?

should I celebrate their £3 billion annual profits (on the backs of bankrupted small businesses and screwed over farmers) by putting my hard earned cash in their till?

mind you, I have to remain positive on the potential they could have if they copped themselves on. Even Walmart are making changes for the better.

phew, that was brief.

I heard that Tesco are going to buy your user account on Thumped.

When I say "buy", I mean they're going to get some grunts to call around to your house in the middle of the night to negotiate using more robust and direct media than language.

euch, cider, used to be a fan but a couple of bouts of gullet-rot put me off.........ever had a prolonged cider binge and found on day 3 or 4 that it's horribly painful to swallow because your gullet feels like it's partly dissolved? bollocks to that
druids and hornets scrumpy does that to ya...dangerous drinking too much.
no reduction on tesco cider by me yet...grrr.

We had a fridge full of kopparberg cans at a gig we played last night- fuck me, vile stuff, like those sweet cigarettes in fizzy water

Was in Sainsburys in Derry last week buying a couple of Buideals when the girl at the checkout thought she would warn me that next week punters will have to prove they are over twenty five to buy booze!

Not sure why she told me that seeing as I just turned thirty eight but still and all like.....

If the law of the land says you can buy alcohol at eighteen, how can a shop decide who to sell it to? Management probably has the right to do whatever they want I suppose?

Was in Sainsburys in Derry last week buying a couple of Buideals when the girl at the checkout thought she would warn me that next week punters will have to prove they are over twenty five to buy booze!

"think 25" is a voluntary scheme among retailers in the UK. I think it really took off after Tesco was fined for repeatedly selling booze to kids..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7968626.stm

Speaking as someone older than 25, that's bullshit and should be illegal. If the law says 18, every 18 year old should be as entitled as anyone else to buy booze. If it was shown that a certain ethnic group was more likely to cause trouble when drinking, any such scheme would be rightly treated with contempt.

All they're saying is that if you look under 25, they'll ask you to prove you're over 18.
What's wrong with someone serving alcohol asking for proof of age?

All they're saying is that if you look under 25, they'll ask you to prove you're over 18.
What's wrong with someone serving alcohol asking for proof of age?
If that's the case it would be perfectly reasonable. It's not what Danny mc said though.
the girl at the checkout thought she would warn me that next week punters will have to prove they are over twenty five to buy booze!

This is perhaps a tiny bit drenched in paranoia but I fear a day when there will be no independant Irish farmers left, just large corporate farms where everything is grown in peat moss hanging baskets and is served with a side of angel dust ridden beef from super cattle that have never seen a piece of grass in their life and are shipped here from half way accross the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back