Whats the story with Tesco's? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 4

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I went over there for a 3 litre of their own brand cider earlier(I'm on me uppers and need to economise).Its a quaffable brew if consumed with a few Rennies.Anyway,in I walked clutching my last €5.99 only to be greeted by an empty shelf.
Why was it empty? BECAUSE THE NEW PRICE IS €3.49!

And its the same for half the shite in the shop....So I've a couple of questions that have really been bugging the arse off me the last couple of days.

1.How can they do this?
2.Why was I paying almost twice that amount up till last week?
3.Does anyone else feel like they've been getting ripped off for years?
4.How come I've not heard one single thing about this dramatic price reduction in the media except for ad's?

I'm no Einstein, so fill me in economonerds.

It started up here and the other border counties a while back as everyone was shopping over the border. There was defo talk on the radio about it at the time. They must have rolled it out across the nation now.

good to see that tesco now source things like carrot batons from israel. i was getting tired of irish carrot batons, they were too provincial for me.

Must say,I got a cat bottle of spanish wine for €4 though.grand with a few Rennies.

boycotting tescos is a pile of bullshit, they're just an easy target. at least everyone knows where their products come from.
it's easy to boycott tesco because what they carry can be bought somewhere else. whereas something that's oh my god, so good, but only comes from dodgy sources.....boycotting that would be a bit extremist, eh?

haven't they started unselling loads of irish goods recently? which is shit.
I'd only recently started unboycotting them recently too. basically, they're bastards.

Its a bummer,I fucking hate them,but you gotta do what you gotta do as a consumer.

boycotting tescos is a pile of bullshit, they're just an easy target. at least everyone knows where their products come from.
it's easy to boycott tesco because what they carry can be bought somewhere else. whereas something that's oh my god, so good, but only comes from dodgy sources.....boycotting that would be a bit extremist, eh?

Its not that easy.

I don't think I could ever rationalise buying 3 litres of cheapest cider on a Tuesday night.

Thats cos you obviously arent skint m'laud.

I bet its all cans of champagne in your house.

well i have co-op, somerfield and morrisons, i know it's hard for you guys though

I was in that co-op every day on my holidays in Wales.Deadly shop.
The booze is good value there too.Great wines for under 3 quid.

co-op's my number one. if you can catch the specials and reduced to clears (which are many and often) you're laughing and the wine is certainly cheap as piss. 13 quid for a litre of gin too. i got a load of yakult, chicken, fish, vegetables and stilton in there for bugger all recently.

the wine is certainly cheap as piss. 13 quid for a litre of gin too

Say no more.Its a quality establishment.They do all that fair trade and eco shit aswell so its great for the chicks.

I wish there was one in Fingas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back