What's the first film you saw in the cinema? (1 Viewer)

my first film in the cinema was Snow White
in the Ambassador back when it was a cinema

we used to have a guy come around in primary school and show us movies on a projector in the school hall. it all started off innocently enough, the cat from outer space, some film about a space dog and various other disney classics. by the time i was in fifth class however, he was showing Amityville 3 and Cobra
i have a friend who says that wasn't right for years after seeing Amityville

I feel old.

This:
watership_down_us.jpg

Look at that poster - what was my mother thinking of? I was four years old!

Is that as frightening as I remember it? I remember it terrifying me as a kid, that and the Dark Crystal

Is that as frightening as I remember it? I remember it terrifying me as a kid, that and the Dark Crystal
I think looking at it as an adult it seems much worse... It's quite dark, I think a lot of it would have gone over my head but a lot of it was very, very upsetting - the rabbit in the wire noose, the evil cat, General Woundwort and his fascist mob biting other rabbits ears off, etc etc. And when the Black Rabbit asks Hazel to join his owsla... *sob!*

I went to see Bambi aged about 5 with my uncle. I bawled for days after ("how could they kill his mother, etc"). That kept me away for a few years and then I went to see My Girl which was similarily deathcentric. Then for my 9th birthday I wanted to go see Beethoven with my 2 friends. The cinema was full so they sent us to Batman instead. It was pretty full on, I wonder is that why I am not such a fan of the cinema these days?

The Jungle Book. In my local cinema. Greystones' only landmark.

riotatirishscreeningofdavincic.jpg

Eh, the Da Vinci Code? During Father Ted days?

The first one I remember is the Jungle Book also but I presume it was in the Classic...which I'm struggling to find a picture of.

The Jungle Book. In my local cinema. Greystones' only landmark.

riotatirishscreeningofdavincic.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was the jungle book too, I went to the cinema a lot when I was a kid due to my da working in one. I remember the Jungle Book, all the Care Bears, Aliens and Full Metal Jacket which all seem to have come out a year after each other.

That cinema in Greystones was awful draughty.

Eh, the Da Vinci Code? During Father Ted days?

I think, just maybe, that someone photoshopped at to prove some comical point regarding th Da Vinci Code. I couldn't find a decent pic of the cinema without it.

That cinema in Greystones was awful draughty.

It was great though, cos there was never anyone else there. The nearest cinema to Greystones now is Dundrum. Dundrum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back