What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

'My white bicycle' by Tomorrow refuses to leave my head for long at the moment - no idea why

Most likely because it's great.

Giuda-racey roller lp
Giuda-number 10 7"
Taxi-yu tolk tu mach lp
Blaze X-some hope 7"
Von Ryan's Express-up on the block 7"
Wynona Ryders-send in the clowns 7"
Rod Vey-metal love 7"
Big Self-vision 7"

Starting tonight I'm listening to all my vinyl from one end to the other.Some of these records havent been played in ten years.I'll post em so.

Duets with the Spanish Guitar..Laurindo Almeida ...awesome
Burt Bacharach-Make it easy on Yourself....70% great 30% Burt singing
Brian Eno-Music For Films...Class

Egg Hunt -7"
Blondie-heart of glass 12"
Blondie-(i'm always touched by your)presence ,dear 12"
Adrenalin OD-themes lp
Raw Power-screams from the gutter lp
Trash-n-n-e-r-v-o-u-s 7"

Sarah Vaughan-You're mine you .....deadly.Quincy Jones arranging like a boss
Neil Sedaka-Lets Go Steady Again ..... Side one is great.Side two features a live medley of Bridge Over Troubled Water/Danny Boy.
Wishbone Ash-Argus .... Quality.Better than I remember country rock stylings.

Starting tonight I'm listening to all my vinyl from one end to the other.Some of these records havent been played in ten years.I'll post em so.

Duets with the Spanish Guitar..Laurindo Almeida ...awesome
Burt Bacharach-Make it easy on Yourself....70% great 30% Burt singing
Brian Eno-Music For Films...Class
I can't 'like' on my mobile so I quoted instead.

there is an 'every uk number one' torrent out there somewhere- goes from 1952 to 2007. I've been dabbling in it the past two weeks after ignoring it for a few months. things really go to shit in the 90's.

Currently:

Dylan / The Band: Before the Flood (this record did a lot to cure my dylanophopia)

Recently:

Arnold Dreyblatt: Propellers in Love (sounds like the title suggests - hovering helicopter sounds made by traditional and invented / modified instruments, all tuned to justly-intoned intervals; I wasn't crazy about his record on Tzadik but this earlier disc is the stuff, a very heady brew)

Autechre: Incunabula (revisiting this one and enjoying it a lot more than I used to, being one of the minority (apparently) that think they got better with each release)

King Crimson: Thrakk (dumped this years ago but really got to like some of the material on the live DVD so had to grab it when i saw it - the jury is still out)

Arnold Dreyblatt: Propellers in Love (sounds like the title suggests - hovering helicopter sounds made by traditional and invented / modified instruments, all tuned to justly-intoned intervals; I wasn't crazy about his record on Tzadik but this earlier disc is the stuff, a very heady brew)

Autechre: Incunabula (revisiting this one and enjoying it a lot more than I used to, being one of the minority (apparently) that think they got better with each release)

love dreyblatt's animal magnetism (the tzadik one) myself (has the track gastr del sol ripped off for bauchredner and led me to dig into the works of werner durand, silvia ocougne, chico mello, etc.) but you should check nodal excitation (dexters cigar) if propellers in love is yr bag. also paul panhuysen has a few things that might float yr boat.

agreed on ae.

monday mosh with the kids:

(all 7"s)
superconductor - bushpilot
fabric - colossus
hatebeak - beak of putrefaction
therapy - teenage kicks
the jesus lizard - puss
outlaw order - 00%
old man gloom - christmas eve I & II + 6 (+ mandied self (reborn))

not much to say other than they all got the 3 year old too wound up before bed, except omg. sweet dreams, joe

AC/DC-powerage lp
v/a-mods mayday '79 lp
Iron Maiden-number of the beast lp
The Long Ryders-10-5-60 lp
Husker Du-new day rising lp
The Damned-white rabbit 12"
Wire-play pop lp

love dreyblatt's animal magnetism (the tzadik one) myself (has the track gastr del sol ripped off for bauchredner and led me to dig into the works of werner durand, silvia ocougne, chico mello, etc.) but you should check nodal excitation (dexters cigar) if propellers in love is yr bag. also paul panhuysen has a few things that might float yr boat.

agreed on ae.

Nice 1 UC!

Currently:
Robin Trower: Bridge of sighs (knocked out by this so far; heavy, proggy, springy like a Black Sabbath boogie and on a similar stoner vibe; from ex Procol Harum axeman)
Swans: Forever burned (expanded edition of The Burning World, their dodgy indie pop gambit on MCA. Noticed that the doomy folk blues version of 'She's a universal emptiness' from the b-side of one of the singles is not present unfortunately, but the Gira version of 'Love will tear us apart' is ... nice to finally have a spanky clean version)
Sacred Alien: Spiritual world 7" (mostly lost NWOBHM band who only released this one single - notable for bonkers mystical lyrics and terrible vocals. How is this different from a lot of HM? you may well ask ... but it is.)

From the vinyl vaults this week.....

Stooges-Raw Power Original version...I'm never listening to the remaster again.This shit is SAVAGE!
RAMONES-Road To Ruin-- Incredible.Played it 4 times straight in a row.Felt like I was 12
ANDHAA kAANOON- Original Soundtrack....Kick arse 70's Bollywood from 1982
Roxy Music-Manifesto...Very good.Not great.
Herbie Hancock- Sextant ..Not his greatest 70's moogfest but not his worst music by a long chalk.
Gary Newman-Live Ornaments.......Garbage(although I was'nt really listening in fairness,but it didnt grab my attention too hard)
Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman..... Awesome.
Oliver Nelsons Big Band.....Live from Los Angeles...fucking deadly.

The sound off my record player is terrible.But I think its lending something unquantifiable to my listening experience.That and looking out the window at the rain on main street.Its transporting me all over the gaf.Its gonna take me a long time to get through all these tunes.Just as well I'm in no hurry.

Transmission: S/T (CD) (Jonathan Kane and Daniel Galliduani industrial drum n sax noise from '81-'82, something of a Swans side-project; there's only 20 mins of music on it and the sound is rough but it's a gem)
Sabbat: 'Blood for the blood god' (flexi-disc) (amazing eccentric English metal from '87 if I remember right, 1st album didn't live up to the promise of this but 'Dreamweaver more than made up for it)
Donovan: ultimate super euro collection (?) Can't warm to the D-cat at all but must doff my cap to a few tunes all the same goo goo barabajagal.
Hawkwind: Doremi Fasol Latido / Hall of the Mountain Grill / Space Ritual / Warrior on the Edge of Time (can't get enough Lemmy-era Hawks at the mo, I don't believe he was ever better than this! (waits for volley of bottles))

was just listening to the twin peaks music just now and some shitfaced drunk woman walked into my sitting room, looks at me like i've two heads and said "'where's' amanda??" - i said 'probably next door, in her house' and she left. total value for money on that twin peaks soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back