What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

Mmm, I wouldn't go that far. It is really cool though. There's a 40th anniversary deluxe edition being put out on November 7th.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005NNJJW4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_g15_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1NDXCBMJXVR9Y1CCVHQK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

I'd be into to that. I've only a copy at the mo.

There's a super deluxe edition as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005NNJL0O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_g15_i6?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1NDXCBMJXVR9Y1CCVHQK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

Bit pricey and excessive for me.

Some spoils from stalls at Supersonic:

Cyclobe: Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window
Alex Sanders: A Witch is Born
Father Yod and the Spirit of '76: Contraction
Robert Ashley: String Quartet Describing the Motions of Large Real Bodies / How Can I Tell the Difference
Ghedalia Tazartes: Les Danseurs de la Pluie
Charles Manson: The Summer of Hate - The '67 Sessions
William Burroughs: The Instrument of Control

I listened to the Gang of Four Peel sessions, which sound better than their clangy first album to these ears.
Also 7 inches by James Fountain, Carl Carlton, David Ruffin, Archie Bell and the Drells.

yeah i agree with shaney here, i dont see a point in listing 12 albums one user after another, at least without saying something about them... any chance anyone else might describe what they are listening to??

c'mon, get wordy!

lately:
percy thrower's gardening year lp - 12 tracks, one per month, of simple growing tips from the doyen. a steal at €3.
the mountain goats - the hound chronicles cs. a young hermit belts out allegories into a condenser mic, from a time when tapes were necessary.
seam - the problem with me lp. i get the love for bitch magnet but i'd crawl over glass if these guys reformed this line-up. the ajax description convinced me - something about a drum sound that pins you to the back wall of a club. my favourite t&g release.
the necks - sunken - live in tasmania last january. piano, bass, drums: simple as. looking forward to the whelans gig.

I have ordered the deluxe set from my old friends AMAZON CANADA.

Way cheaper - just 60 Canadian,.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005NNJL0O/

What about the carbon footprint?????

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Listening to a spacey fender rhodes comp I did up

MANY RHODES: SPACED OUT JAZZ FUNK INSTRUMENTALS FEATURING THE FENDER RHODES ELECTRIC PIANO

1 DUNCAN LAMONT - THE APARTMENT (1975)
2 JOAO DONATO - ME DEXIA (1973)
3 LONIE LISTON SMITH - ASPIRATIONS (1973)
4 RUPERT COBBETT - AIN'T DONE NOTHING (1976)
5 PHAROAH SANDERS - ASTRAL TRAVELING (1971)
6 ALAN PARKER - BLACK LIGHT (1973)
7 BENNIE MAUPIN - THE JEWEL IN THE LOTUS (1974)
8 YUSEF LATEEF - MYSTIQUE (1976)
9 JOE ZAWINUL - IN A SILENT WAY (1971)
10 CHICK COREA - CRYSTAL SILENCE (1972)
11 GEORGE DUKE - AU-RIGHT (1971)
12 DUNCAN LAMONT - FLUTE IN FIVE FOUR (1975)
13 GEORGE DUKE - PEACE (1971)
14 FRANK STRAZZERI - CLOUDBURST (1976)
15 ALAN TEW - THE PETERMAN (FROM THE OST THE HANGED MAN: PERFORMED BY BULLET) (1975)
16 GEORGE DUKE - SWEET BITE (1971)

Loads of this kind of thing

Uriah Heep: The Magician's Birthday (an old 'Heep fave, daft as ever but really kicking in parts)
Jarboe: Walls are bleeding - from 'Nine Undeground' compilation (beats most of her Swans contributions I think, nasty tape feedback and some fierce roaring, waiting for years to hear it and not at all disappointed)
Archaia: S/T (Magma fans kind of trying to do the Zeuhl sound - amateurish and shit beyond belief)
Malombra: S/T (Italian horror film metal - sold as a heavier Jacula - amateurish, horribly produced and shit beyond belief)
Chris Morris: Blue Jam ('whack my bonobo', 'cackle my Gladys' - good medicine after the dreck I've just waded through)

small%20gold%20star.gif

Why the fuck did no one tell me about this album????

Dude, I left a post-it on your desk and a message on your answering machine.

Now listening:
His Name Is Alive: King of Sweet (sprawling compilation from HNIA tape releases around the time of first 3 albums, and a beautiful thing it is too)

Giuda-racey Roller lp
Giuda-number 10 7"
Sweet-desolation boulevard lp
Cheap Trick-busted lp
Repulsion-horrified lp
Cheap Trick-in colour lp

'My white bicycle' by Tomorrow refuses to leave my head for long at the moment - no idea why

Fifty Foot Hose: Cauldron (West-coast electronically enhanced psyche - usually lumped in with Silver Apples and United States of America. Much of the riffage is in that ol' jazzy psyche-rock style (like Big Brother or The Diana Doors in jam mode) but there's an incredible darkness and heaviness in this too, closer to the VU. I can't believe i haven't been force-fed this album years ago. Any fans of USA who haven't heard the Joe Byrd and the Field hippies record should do themselves a favour immediately. Outrageously weird and wonderful)

Dr. Strangely Strange: Alternative Medicine (late 90's regrouping of the good doctors - I approached with trepidation, knowing the state of many of their still-living peers but there's a focus and a musical urgency about this that makes it feel like a living folk-rock tradition rather than a 70's hangover. Much of this is very enjoyable, some of it comes on like Bagatelle (shudder))

The Mask of the Imperial Family: S/T (very mysterious Japanese album from 1981 - so relentless it seems like it must have been a backdrop to something else - possibly made by a music / theatre commune like the Tokyo Kid Brothers records. The music is electronic, ritualistic, repetitive, spacious and reminds me of nothing as much as 'Consumed' by Plastikman for the headtrip inducing vertiginous weirdness.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back