What was the worst gig you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Superskin, ironically enough about an hour before one of the best shows I've seen. Slayer, obviously (heard they were crap at Wacken last year though).

Liiadain said:
tourpose07.jpg

I am reminded of the god-awful Cerebus Shoal playing in Giro's:

Strikes against them:
1.) vacuous, pointless, endless music.
2.) being compete hippies (in a bad way)
3.) setting up a washing line across the front of the stage, on which they hung bruightly coloured socks and vintage tie-dyed garments.

Definitely one of the worst bands I have seen in recent years. If it had of been 1972 it might have been explicable or excusable, but this was 2002.

pete said:

- The Ex / The Dog Faced Hermans.
Either / Or. Fucking atrocious. Woeful woeful shite altogether. I'll never forgive you for this, McGuirk. Never.

the ex was probably one of the best bands i saw all last year / possibly ever
weird to think of that band ever being shit - although i guess that was in the 60s or whenever you used to go to gigs - they were probably just starting out

cerberus shoal - didn't like em at all when i saw em but i think that i'd probably love that hippy shit if i saw them now.
andrew

M.BISON said:
cerberus shoal - didn't like em at all when i saw em but i think that i'd probably love that hippy shit if i saw them now.

Trust me: there is good hippy shit and there is bad hippy shit.*
Cerberus Shoal clearly fell on the wrong side of the line.

[size=-3]*I know these things. I have a record collection that real punks would run away screaming from. Mahavishnu Orchestra = good hippy shit. Cerberus Shoal = bad hippy shit.[/size]

xsteox said:
at dynamo (where i saw iron monkey(see best gig ever thread) i had the misfortune to see.......manowar. they have to be the worst band ever. spent more time farting around, talking to the croud, being drunk than playing there awfu,l shite, second rate, piss poor rock. also saw half of metallica's set there. nearly fell asleep through boredom. marduk wern't any good when they played here either, however never liked em so my opinion is very biased. and the deftones gig here!bog
also want to add glassjaw to this list. they were awful in tbmc. however gig was redeamed by dredg who compleatly wiped the floor with em.

That time I saw Bad Religion for free.

All these old guys kept telling me I was cool for having a Misfits t-shirt on, "coz like, you wouldn't expect Bad Religion fans to like the Misfits."

...fine...?

Talking of the Misfits...
My worst:

The Undead - the sadest thing i`ve ever seen
Ret-conned (even though i still cheered him on)
Vv/m - really, unbeleivably shit - chancers...
Striknien D.C. - worst irish band i`ve ever seen....

jesus i wouldnt class striknien as the worst band i'd ever seen by a long shot, when they actually pulled their shit together they always gave a good show.

However the HOPE CONSPIRACY was probably the worst gig i have ever been to, that and IRON MAIDEN.

yes, the undead. We got offered to put them on down here and we said no because the bastards were looking for two grand, cos they had a member of the misfits. bloody chancers.

was iron maiden really that bad?!

Worst gig would have to be one of those Music Centre band showcase gigs they have on Monday nights and stuff. I went there before and the bands were awful. So awful, but the worst part was that they thought they were huge! They all sounded like a watered down, gone-off version of Coldplay and they the singers almost all wore those fishing hats that people going to Oasis concerts wear and openly smoked ciggarettes and drank bottles of Budweiser on stage.

I'm with Mac on this one. Cerebrus Shoal were awful...seemed nice enough people and all but truly bad band (in terms of vision rather than just technical proficiency)

Recently, I thought The Hope Conspiracy deserved an award for being the most patronising, stereotypically American fraternity jock-core outfit.

The Feline Dream were by far the worst band ever to play Giros.

pete said:
- The Slowest Clock
Played with Fugazi & N.O.W. in McGonagles in 1988(?). Stepped in to play in place of Snuff at the last minute. They shouldn't have fucking bothered.

Jesus, I love their stuff, I have 2 12"eps
the blue one and the yellow... and the cd, although I may have lost it. Where they really that bad? Anyone out there got more of their stuff?

I was too young to see them play at the time
they were around, busy knocking on peoples doors and then running around the corner, robbing from Spar etc...

M.BISON said:
i think i saw faultline in limerick and was talking to them for ages afterwards for no reason at all. i think they gave me cigarettes. if it's the band i'm thinking of, the naut and my remorse played with them and the bass player fashioned underwear out of duct tape. youch.

for real
andrew
ah that was a funny night! he made like underwear from duct tape and a further 2 foot knob from duct tape which fell off during the gig so he proceded to smack the singer, Gav in the face with it. priceless.

I agree with Rubio the Slowest Clock are a good band with some nice timing,

Striknien D.C were deadly in the Havie days they rocked. Worst gig, too many to mention, the bands that stick out at the moment at various gigs are
$2000 strong- they were just shit
$Those Blast guys I can't remember their name
$G.B.H-smack damage
$Snuff- last gig in Ireland totally disappointing
%Shelter-Krishna assholes
*Corrupted- shite metal
%Joan of arse
That's it for now

scrawlzine said:
and lets not forget The Dillinger Escape Plan...which was like watching a Gap advert performed by trained dancers on crystal meth.
what a great description. they should put that on their t-shirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back