What was the worst gig you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Super Dexta

It seems like a logical progression from the other thread.... Everybody's seen woeful bands but what about ones that really surprised you with how incredibly shit they managed to be?

I'd have to go for Reaching Forward.... on record they're nothing special but I thought they'd be a lot better live.... I was wrong.

dismemberment plan!

bands i really like that were kind of a letdown or a big let down live:
dizzee rascal (this was just bad - 17 euro to see someone freestyle over dmx instrumentals...whatthefuckever)

black dice (i've seen a few people justify weak BD gigs on that tour with "oh they had some gear stolen the night before!" - must have been the gear that makes them not sound gay and gay disco and not harsh at all. wasn't loud either and full of posers!),

whitehouse (this just was nowhere near loud enough and i was probably just trying to impress the ladies by being all "oh this 'cunt slut' woman hating stuff is played out!". but it was exactly the same as a WH video i have from sometime last year...same noise cabaret fake gay steeze and they don't do anything but press play on a boss sampler...and they were off on me using the rented amps. lameos.)

sonic youth (at atp last time...i dunno - i just remember gasping when she produced a trumpet).

get to see dizzee rascal, black dice and sonic youth again at atp. hurray.

andrew

i can't remember their name - a gz gig in the music room in about august. i think they were english, terrible terrible smackdown hardcore. awful stuff. i think i've blocked their name out of my head on purpose. my remorse supported, i think. there was about 10 people at the gig, daemo cried the whole way through.
don't know about worst gig ever, but definitely worst in a good while. i used to have to go see alot of unmentionably terrible 'indie' bands for reviews.
oh yeah, manu chao in the point last year. free ticket, still left early.
!bog brutal.

i think i saw faultline in limerick and was talking to them for ages afterwards for no reason at all. i think they gave me cigarettes. if it's the band i'm thinking of, the naut and my remorse played with them and the bass player fashioned underwear out of duct tape. youch.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to M.Bison again.
for real
andrew

That guy Gar's band. They were shit. He should headbutt himself instead of other people. The Striknien gig where Deko's mailorder bride was trying to dance on stage and grab the mic was hilarious, but by no means the worst. If I had a gun to my head and told I had to watch The Deftones in 1997 again, I'd pull the trigger myself.

longford 'all-bitch band' bluegear and their set of cranberries covers, played twice to stretch out the set, distortion pedals in full effect to try and blur out the utter shiteness of their playing. gave me a fucking horrible headache.
in terms of real bands, converge were fairly shite last month.

In the recent past it would have to be Iron Maiden, I wasted €50 odd on a ticket took 2 days off work (that I could have used for Converge) and thought they were a pile of bollox, thats the last time I do anything like that again

yes, that was us who supported faultline. spose they weren't my scene either, but at least they were better than raging speedhorn (who everyone compared them to). anyway, they did split up.

by the way, worst gig was Raging Speedhorn, when we supported them. that fat fuck of a singer spent the whole time calling the crowd faggots cause they wouldnt mosh. what, to your piss-poor stoner metal, you twat?

Well if it's true that all the best gigs happened over 10 years ago, then it's also the case that the worst one's did too.

- The Slowest Clock
Played with Fugazi & N.O.W. in McGonagles in 1988(?). Stepped in to play in place of Snuff at the last minute. They shouldn't have fucking bothered. I'll never forgive you for this, McGuirk. Never.

- The Ex / The Dog Faced Hermans.
Either / Or. Fucking atrocious. Woeful woeful shite altogether. I'll never forgive you for this, McGuirk. Never.

Oh and any number of shitty metal bands in McGonagles BACK IN THE DAY.

The best thing about faultline was the look on my housemates' faces when i got home from the gig with 11 young males in tow. There are still photos somewhere of our living room just stuffed with people.
:D :D
Actually the best thing about faultline was the look on their faces when my housemates tried to get them to play a game involving a wire coat-hanger, several spoons, a tie and a toy cat.
Oh happy memories.

ah yes, that was a jolly night... there's photos of that on our website actually. i seem to remember me and darragh trying to sleep in your living room with Burzum echoing from the next room, while leo and the lads spent the night outside thinking somebody was breaking into our van... happy times...

ahahaha.... there's evidence of the tie, spoons and coathanger if not the cat.... beautiful

tourpose07.jpg

damn i have too much time on my hands these days.

ha, i believe that was the moment when i was telling you how bad Faultlines taste in music was. Sugar ray... i ask you...

although we're touring the UK with their new band in Sep so i should probably shut up about that now!

at dynamo (where i saw iron monkey(see best gig ever thread) i had the misfortune to see.......manowar. they have to be the worst band ever. spent more time farting around, talking to the croud, being drunk than playing there awfu,l shite, second rate, piss poor rock. also saw half of metallica's set there. nearly fell asleep through boredom. marduk wern't any good when they played here either, however never liked em so my opinion is very biased. and the deftones gig here!bog

Liiadain said:
The best thing about faultline was the look on my housemates' faces when i got home from the gig with 11 young males in tow. There are still photos somewhere of our living room just stuffed with people.
:D :D
Actually the best thing about faultline was the look on their faces when my housemates tried to get them to play a game involving a wire coat-hanger, several spoons, a tie and a toy cat.
Oh happy memories.
Were they your ho's then?

worst gig ever was the recent rancid one. i got a free ticket but left with about a half an hour to go. they were just soo shit and annoying.
or
the vandals....dont ask i got dragged along by friends girlfriend

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back