What was the best gig you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Not the best gig but some of the best bands-
Speaking of the city arts centre-
WAT TYLER Brilliant
JACKBEAST Fantastic
FRANKIE STUBBS deadly

THE OXES First gig- an unexpected surprise-deadly
STATE OF FEAR-Galavans-crust heaven
RESTARTS-Wexford festival
HEADACHE,JOBBYCRUST-Galavans
EX-CATHEDRA-Fusion bar
DARKEST HOUR- Galway- savage

Jays,
Yeah knew I forgot loads, The Jackbeast gigs were always good.
And that Headache gig in The Attic with Ebola, Jobbycrust and Vibe Physic(fucked if I can remember how to spell it) was great.
Ex-Cathedra in Carla once again another fine evening.

state of filth: worst band i've ever seen.

and no ebola at that headache in the attic gig ste.

the aul' memory, wha'?

first ever "punk" gig still sticks out above the others: black belt jones, cheapskate, bambi, stomach in the attic xmas 96 (i think). fuckin' amazin.

them dolphins barn gigs were unreal; who else played them? bambi, jackbeast, rednecks.. ? wish someone had a gaff like that now.

them dolphins barn gigs were unreal; who else played them? bambi, jackbeast, rednecks.. ? wish someone had a gaff like that now.[/QUOTE]
yeah had forgotten about them they were great. Pet Lamb played in the Kitchen of that gaff before they built/put together the kinda garage room

tommytrousers said:
them dolphins barn gigs were unreal; who else played them? bambi, jackbeast, rednecks.. ? wish someone had a gaff like that now.
yeah had forgotten about them they were great. Pet Lamb played in the Kitchen of that gaff before they built/put together the kinda garage room[/QUOTE]
Emm..

PUnk(ish):

Sultans of Ping in Berneys in Kilcullen 1992

Ramones in London 1995

Cramps in SFX 1995?

Non-Punk

Pogues Point 1987
Cure 1988 I think
Madness Point 1995

the strange guy said:
Dunchee's just told me he's going to "smash your stupid face in for talking about my ex-bird like that". I hope he's joking.
Jaysus Oly I thought if Lyncher had figured out how to log in as other people, you be the atleast be able to.

Come on, weak...

Oh and damo I guess that Los Crudos gig you didn't go to cos "you were afraid" was better than I remember.

tommytrousers said:
yeah had forgotten about them they were great. Pet Lamb played in the Kitchen of that gaff before they built/put together the kinda garage room
The waltons played both the kitchen and the garage.
My memory (but as damo has already proved isn't that great) was of only the one gig in the garage, The Waltons, Bambi and someone else maybe????

[.
My memory (but as damo has already proved isn't that great) was of only the one gig in the garage, The Waltons, Bambi and someone else maybe????[/QUOTE]
wasn't that the one with boz dj'ing in the living room Also? think i was at three gigs in that gaff, two definitely.absolutely deadly.wish the Waltons had stayed together longer what a great band..

the strange guy said:
Dunchee's just told me he's going to "smash your stupid face in for talking about my ex-bird like that". I hope he's joking.
wooops... state of FEAR!
i've never actually heard state of filth.

and as for being afraid to go to crudos, i was 16 had no friends, long hair and did a shit fanzine. wouldnt you be scared too?

didnt neckweed play with crudos too?

or was that dropdead?

tommytrousers said:
wasn't that the one with boz dj'ing in the living room Also? think i was at three gigs in that gaff, two definitely.absolutely deadly.wish the Waltons had stayed together longer what a great band..
Can't remember. Them partys are all a glorious blur. I do remember...oh now you mention it there was one really good one, that Boz, I think, was Djing at and Fletch too. I just remember the whole room being full of people dancing. Granted I also remember same room with someone djing (forgive my memory again but), I kinda thought that was Boz too, but there was no one in there but me and I think Anto and a couple getting it on.

As for the waltons, Damo I believe still has 25 7"s of their glorious music if anyone's interested.

damien said:
and as for being afraid to go to crudos, i was 16 had no friends, long hair and did a shit fanzine. wouldnt you be scared too?

didnt neckweed play with crudos too?

or was that dropdead?
Neckweed played with Dropdead.

Shit fanzine is right. I think you forgot to mention the "trust no-one" incidents. I'd be real fucking scared after that. I can't believe Byrnos is in t he same band as you now.

I think the dropdead gig in your old gaff has been mentioned about four seperate times in the last few months. Great gig all the same.
Stephen said:
Jaysus Oly I thought if Lyncher had figured out how to log in as other people, you be the atleast be able to.Come on, weak...
Lyncher's lucky coz he manages to find PCs in cafes which people have logged onto before. One day I may stumble on a solution, but I'd prefer to leave my L337 /-\@X0r skills for something more worthy. Like your email account.

the strange guy said:
I think the dropdead gig in your old gaff has been mentioned about four seperate times in the last few months. Great gig all the same.Lyncher's lucky coz he manages to find PCs in cafes which people have logged onto before. One day I may stumble on a solution, but I'd prefer to leave my L337 /-\@X0r skills for something more worthy. Like your email account.
I know sometimes it's too easy. Like now for instance, I could start a whole new thread about how I want to kill Ken. But being an honest lad I think I'll just plug the Dropdead video of the aforementioned gig:

http://www.thumped.com/realaudio/Drop_Dead-Live_in_Clodaghs_flat28.ram

Please note It's Clodaghs Flat. Not me or Dave Negation's, but Clodagh's, not Jealous mind just pointing out I don't have the punk points for that one.

I did actaully meet Dropdead in Rhode Island about a year and half ago and I asked them if they remembered the gig. Alas not. What they did remember was kicking Padrig out of the van half way up to belfast the next day though. ho ho ho
stephen

steveo (or coady?) - did you go to the guy from dropdeads record shop in providence? Armageddon Records? i dropped a stupid amount of bank there.
"omg mindflayer cd-rz!!! have u got tha nu kitez casettes?!?!?"
killer place though.

andrew

M.BISON said:
steveo (or coady?) - did you go to the guy from dropdeads record shop in providence? Armageddon Records? i dropped a stupid amount of bank there.
"omg mindflayer cd-rz!!! have u got tha nu kitez casettes?!?!?"
killer place though.

andrew
Nah was too busy spending the weekend trying to find someone to drink with and letting all the stupid fashion punk yanks get on me nerves. Fuck, the whole "Mod" revival thing was in full swing it just pissed me off some amout that none of the yanks know who the Jam are. Let alone the Who.

Oh and going to that hot dog place with the vegan hot dogs, that was okay, I guess. Poor me......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back