What was the best gig you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

probably man or astro-man? in the music center - was rewarded for being a big stupid nerd by getting to trigger a sample on the 'EEVIAC'. what i can remember of melt banana the couple times i've seen them is way up there too. andrew wk was a whole heap of fun.

andrew
ps - what's everyones favourite colour? sike

Catharsis at warzonefest 2001
ummm... i'm sure there's been others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

best gig??, hum tough one.. best live band i ever saw was iron monkey at dynamo fest in holland, in '99. unreal, they played to an open field. a load of stoner rock bands had played before and everyone was in a good relaxed mood..... till they showed up. you could practically feel the tension& animosity in the air. security who had been at front of stage, talking to us, just walked away. fuckin most powerfull band i ever saw. only other who ever came close to creating such an athmosphere, hense second best live band i've ever seen has to be cult of luna at mean fiddler in london last year, the most clostrophobic show i've ever seen. they'd be lethal at say, dorans or whelans.

tommytrousers said:
ok so we've had the first gig, lets move onto the important shite.

doubt if i'll ever see anything to top Bad Brains in the london astoria in '89
The Ex + Dog Faced Hermans in The Fox + Pheasant, 1991 or Big Black + UT in Leeds 1986 or Against Me in Brighton 2003 or Killercrust in the Grattan 1989

either gorilla biscuits or quicksand in charlies, 1991... or maybe Nuclear Assault in the Top Hat in 198? ohhh Snuff in London in ehhh 1989(?) was amazing. Nothing like going to a packed gig in a room with no airconditioning when it's been 32 degrees C all day. or any number of metal gigs in McGonagles BACK IN THE DAY..... DRI, Carcass, Gang Green, Suicidal Tendencies....

looks like all the great gigs happened over a decade ago. Ah, great days.

looks like all the great gigs happened over a decade ago. Ah, great days.[/QUOTE]
nah it's just the law of diminishing returns on the ol' adrenalin levels-coupled with the rosie hue of back in the day-can't be helped-I doubt if anyone in thier 30's puts a more recent gig up as best ever...

Rorschach & Econochrist in ABC-No-RIO, August 92.

Whoops! Hit the over-30s bear-trap. I'll try and think of a really good gig from somewhere between 94 and 04...

Ah yes, Warzonefests III, IV, V & VI, ('00,'01,'02,'03,) or Cosmonaut & Kabin Boy at the Heavyfest in Bradford circa 1999(?).

pete said:
......or any number of metal gigs in McGonagles BACK IN THE DAY..... DRI, Carcass, Gang Green, Suicidal Tendencies....

looks like all the great gigs happened over a decade ago. Ah, great days.
Wow - Gang Green?!
Did`nt even know they made it over this side of the pond - maybe 2 decades ago is closer??

Warzone 2003 - Belfast

And you will know us by the trail of dead - Amsterdam 2002

At The Drive-In/Murder City Devils/Clearshot - Dublin 2000

Sunshine - Limerick 2000(or 2001?)

Trans Am/Fucking Champs - Limerick 200?

Primal Scream - The Point Dublin, 2002(?)

Sweep the Leg Johnny never failed to impress any time they played..

I`m not good with keeping track of what years who played..

at the drive-in were way better about five months before at the reading festival than the MCD belfast gig. altho MCD made up for it.

fugazi
fugazi
and fugazi
three nights in a row, 2002

yo la tengo, belfast, 2000

trans am, belfast, 2000

the locust, glasgow, 2003

somedaysbetter, giros, june 2003

grade, melbourne, 2001

warzonefest 2003

black eyes, dublin, 2003

10past7, belfast, 2004

sorry, i wish i was older, but im not.

probably that at the drive-in gig....... although sum41 wasnt without its charm

Last ever Crudos gig in chicago 98 with Deathreat and Arma Contra Arma.Or posibly Melvins the two gigs I saw about 3 years ago or Hard to Swallow at one of the 1 in 12 fests. and for an old ones the Stupids in edinburgh about 87 or Electro hippies with carcass in the old Giros practice room

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back