What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

I really like it.
It's dumb as rocks mostly, but does it ever move just so effortlessly.
Never boring, and you're never wondering what's going on at any moment. There's a real pleasure in watching something where the direction is so propulsive.

Like the opposite of Fargo (both good!) where there's layers and allusions and dream sequences and sineaters and all sorts. And you always feel like you should read a recap after to see what you might not have twigged.

I like a balanced diet.

Holy cow, I'm taller than this guy?
Dude is as wide as he is high though, in fairness

View attachment 17995

Y'see, it does matter when you convert an inch to 25.4mm rather than 25mm. I'll be using this example at work.

I'm still watching Kin. It's picking up. Don't know how you lot find the time for all this.

Foundation Season 2. I had tried so many times with season 1, would always fall asleep within 10 minutes. Decided to give it another go over Christmas, and it got its hooks in. Season 2 was *excellent*

Just finished Slow Horses #s3 last night. Was really good, but nowhere as good as the previous seasons, not enough Oldman

this is pretty good so far....
has the usual few slapstick characters, and misty filter romance bits that seem to be par for the course for Korean tv, but it holds the attention..and obviously the historical context/references are very real and dark.

The Rovers. Joe Wilkinson‘s Craig Cash vehicle from 2016, which was so regressive compared to much earlier shows like Early Doors and the Royle Family (I wouldn‘t have expected Wilkinson to be so cackhanded with the Indian caricature for example) but it had a few genuine laughs in it and Sue Johnston steals it, as always.

Watched all of Echo last night. Mostly it was very good - decent fight scenes, fantastic sound design. A good chunk of the dialog is in ASL, and there’s a fair amount of Choctaw in there too. Definitely closer in tone to the Netflix Daredevil show than any of the existing Disney+ stuff.

Foundation Season 2. I had tried so many times with season 1, would always fall asleep within 10 minutes. Decided to give it another go over Christmas, and it got its hooks in. Season 2 was *excellent*
Still the same old twaddle to me, but I'm sticking with it

Also, at the risk of boring/annoying everyone to death, why is almost everyone in this show English?
Is it that when you have emperors and sorcerers and princesses, that it just codes better with English accents?
I'm not complaining (kinda am) but honestly trying to figure out the artistic choice here. Like there were production meetings about this and they decided to go hard on the English. Same with Andor.

Asimov spoke like the New York jew he was, yet this whole thing is populated like the BBC made it.
Is it just cos that's how GoT did it, and that works, so why not?
Curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back