What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Started watching Batman: The Animated Series which has aged really well. Total nostalgia chills from the opening sequence, some of the episodes are silly but they look and sound amazing. Kids are loving it too, I thought it would be too dated for them.

I'm on The Orville: New Horizons. It's pretty good although some of the episodes include tired sci-fi cliches. I could do without Seth McFarlane being in it but he's a less central character in this series it seems.

I think Strange New Worlds' makers seem to have learned from the first two series what it is people like about classic Star Trek stuff.

Loving The Curse. Love those smart arse young new directors out of New York aka the Safdie's and Ari Aster crowd.

For All Mankind. Just started second season. Good
watched the first two episodes of the curse... that's a tough watch.

just started the 4th season of for all mankind. reserving judgement.

Won't somebody PLEAASSEEE think of the Space-Jews!!
Binged this over the past week and loved it.
Couldn't tell if the Mom was coded Italian or Jewish. Either way, she was fantastic.

Really good to see the Empire modeled on that other British one. With a little veneer of Nazi, just so you know what they're like.
You know I enjoyed that.

But defo hard not to see the reflections of what's going on it Gaza after I waited til now to watch this.

Fuck me, but they gave Fiona Shaw some gangbusters speeches. Top notch writing. Top notch plotting.
Gotta wait another year or so for more....

(Andor)

Reacher. Good despite some ropey production values. And yer man is big, but he's 6.2" big not 6.5" big.

I really like it.
It's dumb as rocks mostly, but does it ever move just so effortlessly.
Never boring, and you're never wondering what's going on at any moment. There's a real pleasure in watching something where the direction is so propulsive.

Like the opposite of Fargo (both good!) where there's layers and allusions and dream sequences and sineaters and all sorts. And you always feel like you should read a recap after to see what you might not have twigged.

I like a balanced diet.

Holy cow, I'm taller than this guy?
Dude is as wide as he is high though, in fairness

1704223169705.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back