What television series are you currently making your way through? (10 Viewers)

I really liked season 2. I thought it was much more focused and individual than season 1, which was very much a second rate attempt at being Noah Baumbach.

I really liked season 2. I thought it was much more focused and individual than season 1, which was very much a second rate attempt at being Noah Baumbach.
Good way to put it. I keep watching like it's a car crash, I shouldn't look but I have a sick curiosity. Plus after, I can be thankful it's not me.

Treme.

Really enjoying it. Much more gentle and less centred and focussed than The Wire but the acting raises it above being a meandering soap opera. It's probably ground breaking in the states where they don't have shows of the quality of Eastenders which is probably it's closest touchstone, a post natural disaster, New Orleans Eastendes but Eastenders all the same.

Some great characters in there and it has sucked me in. Can't see where it can go though, which is a blessing and a curse as inevitably it will end with more questions than resolutions.

On the other hand some of the music in it is just dire and it's pace is slooooooooow to say the least.

I like Treme, but it can feel like 50% of it is just watching people performing music or cooking\eating.. They finally got the story pacing right around Season 3 I reckon, i.e. just enough going on.

I like Treme, but it can feel like 50% of it is just watching people performing music or cooking\eating.. They finally got the story pacing right around Season 3 I reckon, i.e. just enough going on.

I felt that season 3 was the weakest, it felt really sparse compared to the first two. I like the journalist's story though.

What's the deal with the final episodes? According to IMDB they were meant to air in the states last month?

They have aired. Watched them a few weeks ago ....

What's the deal with the final episodes? According to IMDB they were meant to air in the states last month?

There were only 5 and they were on last month. I have them all on my hard drive unwatched. I really enjoy Treme but I alway seem to need to motivate myself to watch a new season when it starts.

Annie the violin player though ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back