What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

The Walking Dead, season 2. Pretty good, just got to watch the final episode. Will watch it in a few minutes if I've already seen the episode of Criminal Minds on RTE2.

I watched all of S1 of the newsroom again, cause I was unimpressed first time around.

I was less impressed this time.

The only thing I preferred that I disliked the first time was the romance. And the character of Don, who I thought was a bit schizophrenic the first viewing actually a bit deeper and more interesting the second time.

Has anyone seen Moone Boy yet?

Damn funny stuff. The kid's expressions with the Mary Robinson Election committee in the hairdressers was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages

Has anyone seen Moone Boy yet?

Damn funny stuff. The kid's expressions with the Mary Robinson Election committee in the hairdressers was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages

I watched the first three episodes of this over the weekend and loved it. Lots of nostalgic cultural references which will probably go over the head of anyone that didn't grow up in Ireland in the 80s, but it was so much more than just a trip down memory lane.

Strangely the school building used is exactly the same type as the one where I grew up: awful pebble-dashed concrete walls with red windows. Must have been standard issue at one point.

I watched the first three episodes of this over the weekend and loved it. Lots of nostalgic cultural references which will probably go over the head of anyone that didn't grow up in Ireland in the 80s, but it was so much more than just a trip down memory lane.

Strangely the school building used is exactly the same type as the one where I grew up: awful pebble-dashed concrete walls with red windows. Must have been standard issue at one point.

It's actually the first show that's captured my youth, coming of age in a small town in Ireland in 1989, and they've nailed it 100%.

It's actually the first show that's captured my youth, coming of age in a small town in Ireland in 1989, and they've nailed it 100%.

Couldn't agree more. I was twelve in 1989 and living in a small country town, so the feel of the show had a real personal resonance. They're currently making a second series which is great news.

Anyone watching Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire? Pretty quality so far. Some great new characters.

Pretty good alright.

Jimmy's ma just keeps becoming a worse and worse person.

Not sure I like what they're doing with Van Alden in Chicago, I suppose they needed an excuse to keep Capone in the show.

Currently re-re watching Dead like me:heart: ..and dipping into all the Red dwarf re-run's on Dave. Was a busy weekend....

Frasier - Currently on season 6. I love Frasier.

I'm on season 11 now (last season). Nearly there.

(R)evolution: I can see this totally getting axed. Lots of cheap tactics to denote abandoned stuff ("Oh, lets just drap some Ivy over this fancy building"). Everyone on the show looks fresh as a daisy despite years having past with no electricity. God I hope that USB key neckless will save humanity!

The Booth at the End: I've only seen one episode of this so far and wasn't plussed but I'm hearing good things (I think Season 2 has finished, summer time show). I'll try some more.

Couldn't agree more. I was twelve in 1989 and living in a small country town, so the feel of the show had a real personal resonance. They're currently making a second series which is great news.

I'd love to know how its being received in the UK, seeing as Sky are carrying it. Pretty well, I suppose, seeing as theres a second series on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back