What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Been getting into this over last week or two.
Deadwood_Season3.jpg

I think it was costing them $5 million per episode or something, just didn't have the viewing figures to justify it. Networks seem to have copped onto the idea now though that if they have a quality series with lots of critical acclaim and a strong cult following it'll make back the costs through DVD sales and re-runs even if the initial viewing figures are low. There was talk for years of a couple of movie length Deadwood episodes to wrap up the series but it never came about for whatever reason.

I have to say I am really digging Damages. On season 2 now and the cast is full of great actors. It's like all the good tv series recently has at least one actor in this show. Why had I never heard of it until bored and looking in Laser? I love that Gale from Breaking Bad doesn't even get a name in this show despite being a reoccurring character, he is just called "Bearded Man."

I watched it last year, it's really good but I remember being really pissed off when I got to the end of season 3 and discovered that they didn't make more of them.

In a "this is so good, how could you possibly stop after 3" sort of way.

Yeah, agreed. Finished it last sunday, lot more what if's... than closure with the ending.

anyone who watches falling skies should be shot. and i include myself. bleedin'

really enjoying the newsroom. schmaltzy and zips along, real entertaining as long as you're not looking for too much from it

Dr._Katz,_Professional_Therapist_DVD_cover.jpg

Dr Katz - Comedy Central animated series from the mid 90s through to early 00's that I missed at the time. Low-key, dry humour with an improvised feel, more chuckle-worthy than uproarious but it is compulsive mellow comfort viewing. The comedian guests on the couch are hit and miss (though it's interesting to get the likes of Louis CK and Jon Stewart early in their careers) but the stuff outside the therapy sessions is very good, particularly the relationship with his son Ben which is one of the funniest and most well depicted father-son relationships I've seen on any TV show. Would happily listen for hours to them riffing off each other and bothering his poor bored secretary. The animation is basic to say the least (it pioneered that style where the character edges have squiggly lines that are constantly flickering) but it's not really a problem given the emphasis on dialogue over motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back