What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

After the Milennium fiasco "what! is that it! WTF" I'm not investing in these type of series anymore.

It will end, and the ending will be shit.

Much like the X Flies, Millennium was much better when it was self contained episodes before it turned into nonsense.

Carnivale not getting the third season that would have finished it properly was pretty annoying though.

Finished this last week...

the-wire-2.jpg

...and now two seasons into...
sopranos.jpg

It's all downhill from here.

I've just finished Season 7 of The West Wing. I've spent the last couple of months watching from the start. So so good.
Now I'm onto Studio 60 on the sunset strip!!

I've been watching In the Thick of It, and am ready for season 2. I love this show way too much. I constantly want to insult people. Was thinking about getting season 2 of Californication. I like the first one and that the character is semi-based on Bukowski. Any one watch it? Is it worth it? Also season 2 of True Blood? Any use?

I didn't like this at first either, but got into it after I realised that the gang are supposed to be just total and utter bastards

With no sense of morality whatsoever and really, really bad alcohol addictions. The current season got of to a rocky start but the last two ("The Gang Wrestles For The Troops" with Rowdy Roddy Piper as Maniac & "Paddy's Pub: Home of the Original Kitten Mittens") have been sublime.

"You have kids, Mr.Maniac?"
"Yeah I do.. Well, no not anymore.."

"What did he mean 'not anymore'? Did he kill his kids? Eat them maybe?"

v-2009-tv-series.jpg

Watching this on Hula.

Not bad - moves along at a nice clip.

I signed up to this http://www.overplay.net/ it's the bees. All th US stuff on Hula, all of the BBC and CH4 stuff and RTE player too.

No more crazy Mexican TV. Bumble bee man on the Simpsons is Clive James compared to what they actually show on TV here. It seems every panel show has to have a pet midget! (Kind of like Neil Delamare).

series 2 of "Life" the cop show not the Attenborough version and "Flashpoint" a decent Canadian production about a police emergency response unit.

Watched season 2 a couple of weeks ago, it's good but not as good as 1. If that Bukowski comment is true then he was a lot tamer than I thought!

Loosely based. His name is Hank, he's a writer in LA, drinks a lot, has sex with a stream of women, gets caught, had a daughter with the woman he considered his muse. It's not a retelling more of a reference for character creation or so has been said.

After seeing a recommendation on here I'm on episode 9 of 10 of John from Cincinnati. It is so, so good. I have no idea what's going on but unlike, say, the ultimately unrewarding experience of watching Lost, I've really enjoyed every single episode and have been dying to find out what happens next. Totally gutted the next one is the last one.

Normally I fucking hate magical realism but I really love this - I think because it's also really funny. Even Luke Perry is good in it. It also love the credits, I could watch it over and over:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back