What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

deadly

Buster_Keaton_The_High_Sign_1921.png

"The brutal bungalow of the Blinking Buzzards, a bold bad bunch of blood-thirsty bandits who would break into a bank, blow a battleship to bits or beat up a blue eyed baby blonde."

Just finished DEXTER season 3 - I enjoyed it but its much weaker than the other 2 and shockingly theres a Season 4 in the works...

3 episodes of THE TOMORROW PEOPLE left in my breakfast viewing season then I'm going to start on john Wyndham's
CHOCKY.

chocky.jpg

I'm tempted to go with CHILDREN OF THE STONE to keep the 70's Brit show theme going or I might switch to watching the ADDAMS FAMILY.

Started watching BREAKING BAD. Excellent show. Hard to see what their target audience is. On the surface you think it sounds like WEEDS but its way grimmer and darker.

Just finished DEXTER season 3 - I enjoyed it but its much weaker than the other 2 and shockingly theres a Season 4 in the works...

I have to agree. The main problem is that they are stretching out a premise that doesn't have that much legs to start with. Also, Dexter is just way too nice in this series. He hardly even kills anyone anymore (unless he is really forced into it).

I have to agree. The main problem is that they are stretching out a premise that doesn't have that much legs to start with. Also, Dexter is just way too nice in this series. He hardly even kills anyone anymore (unless he is really forced into it).

Rule #1 of the code is don't get caught. He as a little busy this year.

Breaking Bad, bleak crystal meth and cancer based black comedy starring the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.

3 episodes in and it's brilliant. So miserable though....

Watched all that a little while ago. It's good that they don't spend too much time showing people off their face, which is what I was expecting. And yeah, New Mexico looks like a grim part of the world.
Probably wouldn't have bothered if Bryan Cranston wasn't in it.

Currently watching S4E11 of The Wire. Poor Bubbles :(

Also nearly through GBH in preparation for a trip to Liverpool next week. Britain sure ain't like it used to be.

Just started the Wire.
Nice knowing how much there is left to devour. Haven't got stuck into anything for ages.

300_93731.jpg

Person gets sick
They do some stuff
Person gets a little better
Everyone is releived
Person gets suddenly worse
"But House that will kill him"
"if we don't he'll die anyway"
They do some more stuff
Turns out the person had 2 things and not just one.
Easy pesay.

300_93731.jpg

Person gets sick
They do some stuff
Everyone is releived
They do some more stuff
Easy pesay.

you still watching season 1? it gets a lot better

I've only seen season 1 of the wire:

Mcnulty is a good cop who doesn't get on with his boss (the boss regularly shouts 'MCNUUULTYYYY!!!!!11' when something goes wrong). He's tough but has kids he cares about and this shows his sensitive side.
They're trying to put some drug pushers away but OMG the drug pushers have friends in high places.
Several people have crises with their own beliefs and have to make compromises.
There's like, a GAY GANGSTER. that's right, he's gay and not camp = mindblowing stuff.
a few shoot outs.
Turns out the good guys don't always win, turns out that some people who appear to be good guys are ACTUALLY NOT SO GOOD AFTER ALL.
In one scene all they say is 'fuck' but you totally know what they mean, clever huh?
to be continued in the ground breaking gritty and realistic (aka better) crime drama

One thing I noticed in season 1 is how they completely changed the look of the thing. The early episodes are like CSI or something, all moody lighting and wierd coloured filters.

i think that's only the pilot?

As for cameron, yeah, she's an odd choice of the lead pretty girl.

Person gets sick
They do some stuff
Everyone is releived
They do some more stuff
Easy pesay.

Not every TV show needs to have a groundbreaking way of storytelling, sometime generic forumulas just work. The X Files had the same kind of thing going for about 5 seasons until the lame final few seasons.

I'm just finished gavin and stacey seas on 1 which I thought was quite sweet but a bit blah..

Gonna work my way through season 2 and season 1 of six feet under over the next few days..

Working my way through The Office complete boxset. For the 50th time. Going to get the Harry Hill TV Burp dvd next. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back