What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

The Thin Blue Line. Brilliant. You wish every cop could be like Raymond Fowler. But it's Grim that gets the laughs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HNxiJize44"]YouTube - Inspector Grim Clips[/ame]

Mad Men is at episode 8 at this point, but I jumped the gun on Dexter (again) as I think episode 1 was a leak, same as last series. So a few weeks to wait on that one I think

First episode of Dexter S3 goes on Showtime on the 29th I think but you'll probably be able to get rips from their ondemand service the week before the episodes are broadcasted.

just getting through freaks and geeks, i'd forgotten most of it so it's like watching it for the first time again, so freakin funny! Bill is fantastic in every scene he's in.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

keeping in with this thread's original theme

house-season4.jpg

glad I resisted downloading this

605_band_of_brothers_468.jpg

on episode 8 of this at the moment.
seen it before but i'm enjoying it a lot more 2nd time round.
David Schwimmer is incredible in the first episode.
Good to see Dale Dye knocking about in a few of the episodes as well. He's been in everything war related the last 20 years.

Skins. Can't believe I've only just gotten into this. The first time in recent memory I've read spoilers and genuinely wished I hadn't because
Tony getting hit by a bus at the end of the last episode of season 1 would have been about 12394901347x better if I hadn't known it was going to happen.

I see that Bryan Cranston won the Emmy for best actor in Breaking Bad. Fully deserved for a brilliant actor. If you haven't yet watched the first series of this I can only say that I'm jealous, as it's the best thing on a TV by a garden mile.
11%20IMG_0400.jpg

MASH season one. Enjoyable.
The US Office season one. Great stuff. Also got the UK Office Christmas specials, jeeeesus. Makes the US one seem like Friends.

the wire, yo.
almost finished season 2.
i'm beginning to think about it everywhere i go.
5050!

I watched the first season of the Wire.

Does it get better? Currently it's just 'good'.

Probably should be off watching Mad Men with everyone else

I see that Bryan Cranston won the Emmy for best actor in Breaking Bad. Fully deserved for a brilliant actor. If you haven't yet watched the first series of this I can only say that I'm jealous, as it's the best thing on a TV by a garden mile.
11%20IMG_0400.jpg

Good call, Sir.
Just watched the Pilot.
Fantastic.

.|..|.|..|.|..|

nearly finished dexter season 2 (much better then the first season) and im also enjoying the early episodes of the unit season 3.

I watched the first season of the Wire.

Does it get better? Currently it's just 'good'.

Probably should be off watching Mad Men with everyone else

I don't think it "get's better" as such but as time goes on, and you get more involved in the characters and the environment, it becomes gradually more and more powerful. I really enjoyed the first series simply because it has better acting, scripts, filming, and so on than anything else out there, but it wasn't until well into Series 3 that the penny dropped that the entire thing adds up to this incredible epic depiction of the life of an American city. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, y'know?

Mad Men is good and everything but I can't see myself wanting to rewatch it in 10 years time.

Just finished watching Generation Kill. It was good but I didn't know what the fuck was going on most of the time with the military lingo and the fact that everyone looked the same. It's obvious why David Simon was attracted to this, with the whole reporter embedded with the military thing echoing his experiences with the Baltimore Homicide detectives. Speaking of which, I just finished reading his book - excellent stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back