What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

It takes a few episodes to build up the characters and then it starts to get really funny. It's a grower.

Yeah exactly. I didn't like it much in the beginning either. At first you just think they are a bunch of assholes. Then they become a bunch of slightly endearing assholes. After that, they are just hilarious. And, as I said, Ari is one of the best TV characters ever.

I just finished watching the first series of the Wire. I'm on the fence but the episode where they only use the word fuck for about 4 to 5 minutes was brilliant. It was like the dude beer commercial. The word can mean so many different things.

YouTube - Dude
Similar but different emphasis .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Currently watching the complete Deadwood

Looking forward to season 3 which I completley missed the last time

The complete series is on ebay for about 50/ 60 euro

Yeah exactly. I didn't like it much in the beginning either. At first you just think they are a bunch of assholes. Then they become a bunch of slightly endearing assholes. After that, they are just hilarious. And, as I said, Ari is one of the best TV characters ever.

Ari is great but I have a soft spot for Johnny Drama. I may have this wrong but is this not loosely based on Mark Wallberg's life when he first moved to Hollywood from Boston?

startign to watch THE TOMORROW PEOPLE and yes its as weird as i remember as a kid - not quite Sapphire and Steel but very strange to be showing to kids beofre their tea:

tomorrow_people.jpg

I do. Haven't watched Ep 1 of S02 yet though, it's been on the laptop for three days waiting.

Ace! I liked Television Without Pity on the new season: "The Clothes: ten times gayer. The Chuck: ten times hotter."

"Why? Give me a reason. And 'I'm Chuck Bass' doesn't count."

This is why I watch TV.

Ari is great but I have a soft spot for Johnny Drama. I may have this wrong but is this not loosely based on Mark Wallberg's life when he first moved to Hollywood from Boston?

Yes and yes! I love Johnny Drama - 'I'd take it up the ass for an Oscar'.

He's apparently based on Mark Walberg's cousin, Johnny Alvez (no, me neither).

ashes_1.jpg

I never saw LIfe On Mars but really enjoyed this, the soundtrack was great, the supporting cast all worked really well together and Keeley Hawes is beautiful even with that awful 80s haircut.

New Entourage downloaded and ready to go. Yes!

Anyone else watching Gossip Girl? Muffin? <3 Chuck Bass.

oh hells yes on gossip girl..just picked up season 1 on dvd which I'm gonna watch before starting season 2! Really liked it when I watched it before though...And Chuck Bass is awesome..

Also picked up mad men season 1 for 25 euro and the office season 4!and I've still got the wire to work through..I think I need to take more time off work;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back