What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

mad-men.jpg

This is deadly.

3 hours of a 13 hour feature film called The Wire
and only 4 seasons to do after this one.
I'm hooked.

Oh, how I'd love that...

hayworth - i've actually not got that actual boxset - but a boxset of seasons 1-4 and then seasons 5 & 6 individually. all adds up to the same tho. best tv show ever!!:)

bonzai - yes in the later series' they are some songs substituted alright - for instance there's no sign of mazzy star when holling & shelly have their kid - boo!. still in all it beats watchin fuzzy old taped-off-the-tv versions of em! .|..|

In Treatment - the yoke where Gabriel Byrne plays a psychiatrist. Watched about 15 episodes so far .... not really convinced by it ..... I think it might be time to delve into Wire Season 5.

hayworth - i've actually not got that actual boxset - but a boxset of seasons 1-4 and then seasons 5 & 6 individually. all adds up to the same tho. best tv show ever!!:)

bonzai - yes in the later series' they are some songs substituted alright - for instance there's no sign of mazzy star when holling & shelly have their kid - boo!. still in all it beats watchin fuzzy old taped-off-the-tv versions of em! .|..|

I had a unhealthy crush on Chris for years. In 1992 I toyed with the idea of skipping college and moving to Alaska to work on a fishing boat. One of my male friends had done it the year prior. Needless to say, I'd probably be dead if I did it. It was such a good show though.

As for music, many DVDs of old tv series have had a change of music. I know they did for Party of Five because they used a friend's old band to replace some of the more famous songs. Apparently using generic yet similar music it makes it less 'dated'...harder to pinpoint.

I bought that and sent it back when I read the reviews of the poor picture quality - particularly on season 1.

bought this instead.

51oDUNl%2B30L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The music substitutions are usually related to securing the rights to issue the episodes (with musical content therein) on DVD.

Sometimes it's cheaper to just use substitutions.

Mad Men
Fantastic series from the US. set in an advertising agency in 1960.
Mesmerising amounts of drinking, sex, smoking, sexism, racism and stuff you'd get fired, sued, divorced, disbarred or struck off for, at any time in the last thirty years.
It almost plays like an episode of the Twilight Zone where all that shit is not only acceptable, but encouraged.
The writing is sharp & clever, and the women are smokin' - both literally and figuratively.

cuar01a_madmen0806.jpg

at the mo i'm rewatching

the thick of it - brilliant brilliant brilliant

arrested development 1-3 - apart from charlize theron, this never ever gets old.

tonight im gonna watch the first ep of generation kill, im excited.

is mad men really that good? someone sell it to me please. (whoops, looks like 7notrmw has already done that)

ooh

hey I've become so obsessed with the Wire that practice will now involve re-enactments of some classic scenes

Scene 1: Court room, when Omar testifies against Bird. Wil, you're Omar. Ruan, you're Levy. Jeroen is Bird and Brian is the judge. I'm McNulty AND Stringer Bell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back