What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Jeeves_and_Wooster_title_card.jpg

I just finished watching the first series of the Wire. I'm on the fence but the episode where they only use the word fuck for about 4 to 5 minutes was brilliant. It was like the dude beer commercial. The word can mean so many different things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just 3 episodes into "The Wire" season 4 and it is already as mind blowing as the 3 preceeding series.
It seemed to get harsher each episode. By the time I had sat through the final episode I was virtually bawling.
Amazing really. I would say that it is one of the best pieces of TV ever made.

It seemed to get harsher each episode. By the time I had sat through the final episode I was virtually bawling.
Amazing really. I would say that it is one of the best pieces of TV ever made.

yeah its pretty grim, given that this series so far seems to be placing emphasis on the youngsters and I anticipate a whole heap of tragedy to befall them.

yeah its pretty grim, given that this series so far seems to be placing emphasis on the youngsters and I anticipate a whole heap of tragedy to befall them.

well... to an extent, yeah. But that would be a cheap shot, get you falling in love with the kids and having them end in some shock scenario, allowing you focus your hatred towards XXXXX etc.

Its more than that, its showing the grinding day to day, how the kids become products of their surroundings. The thing about doing it that way, you realise the inevitability of it, that there is virtually no escape.
That East Baltimore is a huge machine, that you herd (truly) innocent beautiful kids in one end, and they come out damaged, bruised or broken at the other end. And you can see it happening, relentlessly.
Its heart breaking.

Everyone always talks about The Wire being angry, but I didnt really notice that until now. There is a raging anger, but it has nothing to focus on, it just explodes outwards in all directions.

Just watched the first episode of The Corner, a 6 part miniseries based on the book by David Simon and Ed Burns(The Wire guys).

The series is done as the stories of 6 characters from a drug-riddled neighbourhood, which I presume are going to intertwine. The first featured a kind-hearted, well spoken junkie Gary who until 4 years ago had been a succesful hard-working member of society and explored his addiction.

Excellent hard-hitting stuff. Difficult to watch, but impossible to turn off. Full of actors who went on to play various parts in The Wire.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224853/

Highly recommended if you liked The Wire.
Can't wait to watch the rest.

Just watched the first episode of The Corner, a 6 part miniseries based on the book by David Simon and Ed Burns(The Wire guys).

The series is done as the stories of 6 characters from a drug-riddled neighbourhood, which I presume are going to intertwine. The first featured a kind-hearted, well spoken junkie Gary who until 4 years ago had been a succesful hard-working member of society and explored his addiction.

Excellent hard-hitting stuff. Difficult to watch, but impossible to turn off. Full of actors who went on to play various parts in The Wire.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224853/

Highly recommended if you liked The Wire.
Can't wait to watch the rest.

I've had it sitting on my hard drive for a week or so. Trying to find time to watch it.

I picked up S1 of Dexter in the US based on the rave reviews it was getting.
I'm stalled a couple of episodes in. Not impressed at all.

The police station is waaaay to clen and modern - it's like Nash Bridges or something. The characters are piss weak as well.

The serial killer voiceovers are trite beyond belief - it's like what a transition year student would write.

you're mental

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back