What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

Just totally bailed on a new Netflix show – Night Agent – about some FBI counterintel hooha
Hong Chau is in it, so I was all up for it

It’s about the dumbest thing I’ve watched in a while (no small feat!) and it got too dumb for even me at episode two
I’m genuinely relieved. I rode that Recruit pony til the end.

I am basically in a game of chicken with this dumb fucking show

The Power on Amazon. I wish they wouldn't show the IMBD ratings when they list the show. This one is listed as 5.8, suggesting its not that good. But I think its great. Obviously its a bit far-fetched but there are a lot of subtexts going on here. It is quite slow to begin with, but I'm really into it now. It is intense, but is fantastically well-made, and superbly acted. I think they're releasing an episode a week and there are 4 of them there now. Good stuff. One of the lads from Ted Lasso is in it, but the real star is Halle Bush. She's incredible.

watched the first two episodes of Rabbit Hole last night. I'll admit they got me on the premise

it's kiefer sutherland and he's being jack bauer again - OR IS HE? - and he's doing conspiracy stuff, and he's being framed and he can't trust anyone - OR CAN HE? - and people are dead - OR ARE THEY? - and there's heisty stuff and shooty stuff and some "look at how easy it is to social engineer people", and some strangely pointless - OR IS IT? -Tesla product placement that kind of goes nowhere - OR DOES IT? - and more than the necessary amount of DUN DUN DUNNNNN twist within a twist reveals.

This IMDB review gets it right, right up until the last sentence

so yeah i'll probably watch the rest of it
The addition of Charles Dance has greatly improved the situation. Still a bit hokey.

The addition of Charles Dance has greatly improved the situation. Still a bit hokey.
There was a bit in the first episode where Kiefer was giving his team the lowdown on a mission in the tough guy spy manner and they were all acting surprised as if they’d never heard him speak like that before but his speech was obviously rehearsed because he didn’t miss a cue or beat and I was like meh I’m out.

Yellowjackets. Tried to get on with this because I like the concept but in episode one
the coach gets his leg amputated then a few weeks later he’s up and around mastered getting by on one leg and seemingly has no pain or trauma from the missing leg
and my suspension of disbelief was stretched too far

There was a bit in the first episode where Kiefer was giving his team the lowdown on a mission in the tough guy spy manner and they were all acting surprised as if they’d never heard him speak like that before but his speech was obviously rehearsed because he didn’t miss a cue or beat and I was like meh I’m out.
Some of us are just master orators.

I watched the first two episodes of Big Door Prize and I'm enjoying it so much, I might stop watching and get the book

party-down-logo.jpg

Recently finished watching Season 1 of Party Down - pretty good US comedy series about aspiring\failed actors working for a catering company in LA.. I'm almost certain that it was somebody on here that recommended it. Really strong cast with Martin Starr, Lizzy Caplan, Ken Marino and others. It starts off okay and then really hits its stride around 3 or 4 episodes in.. some streaming links here for anybody interested:
- Blinkx
So they finally made a 3rd season of this, over a decade on from the last one.. I'm 4 episodes in and so far it maintains the high standard of the original show, thankfully. I was a bit worried it would be inherently depressing (i.e. same characters working in the same dead end job, 10 years on) but they found a way to make it work while advancing the various character stories on a bit. All of the main actors are back, except Lizzy Caplan. They work some modern themes into it without it feeling contrived, and there are plenty of laughs, really glad it's back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back