What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

CSS321C.jpg

dexter_1.jpg

I've just rented season 1 of Arrested Development but haven't watched any yet. I'm a quarter way through season 2 of The Wire. It's not doing it for me yet, but then I didn't like the first season til near the end.

All the arrested development series are great, but the wire has'nt been beat yet. It takes a while to get going because of the amount of set-up required for all it's plot line. Took me months to get through the withdrawl after the last series. Waiting on Deadwood, but have been getting blazed and watching that Planets dvd that came with the times last week. Great stuff, cant remember a thing. Must rob my da's Planet earth box set. And buy more drugs.

Spaced is brilliant. Has the occasional unfunny episode in the second season, but still a classic show. Pity it looks like there will never be another.

I've been watching season one of the Wire for the last month, first time I've seen it in years. At least this time I have season two and three to follow up with. Hopefully get going on season two tonight, it's been over a week since we finished season one. Watching a tv serial with house folks is slow going. Definitely the best thing ever along with Oz.

Also the Armando Ianucci shows, which is so sour but total genius. If only he wrote novels...think Big Train with a bitter realist worldview. The sketch involving the husband nailing his hand to the the wardrobe he's making - "go and answer the phone." Brilliant.

The Wire.

Class altogether. Recently finished Rome, 6 feet under, and Deadwood.

I watch House too, it's ok, an easy watch. Weeds is another sort of easy watch that I will sit through.

currently making my way through

- Coronation Street 1980s box
- Seinfeld Season 8
- Survivors Series 2
- A Country Practice
- Cardiac Arrest Series 1
- Howards' Way Series 3
- Tales Of The Unexpected Box 4
- Minder Series 2
- Sailor
- The Sweeney Series 4
- The Office: An American Workplace Season 1
- Capital City Series 1
- Spindoe
- Return To Eden
- Callan Series 3
- The Rockford Files Season 2

aside from the soaps, it's just one episode a week.

holy shit - when do you expect to finish?
roughly...(not including any new purchases,
cos i know as well as you do that like the
post, it never stops piling up)

holy shit - when do you expect to finish?
roughly...(not including any new purchases,
cos i know as well as you do that like the
post, it never stops piling up)

well I'm at varying stages of advancement on the above ones but as soon as one thing is finished there's something to replace it. Have a savage backlog due to some very cheap sales at Sendit and Play 18 months ago.

yeah, the new purchases will continue but I hardly ever buy television stuff on release date unless it's already discounted.

I tried watching multi-episodes of the one programme but it doesn't work for me. I find that a lot of the stuff I like is quite slow moving [esp 1960s and 1970s UK drama] and suited to once a week viewing.

well I'm at varying stages of advancement on the above ones but as soon as one thing is finished there's something to replace it. Have a savage backlog due to some very cheap sales at Sendit and Play 18 months ago.

yeah, the new purchases will continue but I hardly ever buy television stuff on release date unless it's already discounted.

I tried watching multi-episodes of the one programme but it doesn't work for me. I find that a lot of the stuff I like is quite slow moving [esp 1960s and 1970s UK drama] and suited to once a week viewing.

how does stuff like 'a country practise' stand up?
or even the 80s corrie? do you ever skip ahead
if shit's starting to drag?

did you ever get the prisoner cell block H box?

Oooooh I like Heroes a lot. dont watch TV much at all - but i caught the whole series in one go there the other night on Living or something. Tis veeeeeery cool :)

Plus he's well tasty
1165108252_ixh-peter2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back