What records did you listen to today? (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
  • Watchers 25
drinking hapsburg 85% absinthe, listening to "a reasonable fellow thinks about his skeleton inside" by diarmuid macdiarmada mac diarmuida macdiarmuada mac diarmada. stunning. without doubt the best album of the year.

kevin drumm
- impish tyrant
- land of lurches

2001_spec_kevin%20drumm_b.jpg

SignaltoNoiseCoverKevinDrum.jpg

Kevin-in-Easthampton.jpg

drumm.jpg

my brain feels different

This morning I listened to
Toytronic - You
Donna Summer- I Feel Love (Patrick Cowley mix)
Some Kerri Chandler record, not sure what it's called but it's great.

heard the split where they both ran a recording of the other through eachothers shit...or something

drumm is untouchable - surpasses everyone in that circle of hell
i think anyway

"sheer hellish miasma" is a good drumm album to check out, his best i would say.

so far here:
comus: first utterence
cosey fanni tutti: selflessness
rjd2: deadringer
bizet: carmen
amon tobin: supermodified

cyclobe: the visitors (the most hallucinogenic album ever), luminous darkness (difficult and disturbing listening, mostly because the structure and treatment of sounds on it is so unique it's utterly alien. its excellent but i can only take it in small doses, i must admit)
meat beat manfesto: it's the music EP (deadly)
nass el ghiwane: various pieces (soulful moroccan stuff)
little annie: songs from the coal mine canary (nice torch songs)
coil: the remote viewer (an absolute lost gem, though currently being reworked for release. plaintive hurdy gurdy workouts)
lined up for this evening:
the hafler trio + jonsi birgisson: exactly as i am (third in the series of double cds constructed entirely from the voice of the sigur ros vocalist. the previous two were wonderful so i look forward to this and cracking into the two litres of absinthe i got today)

Been up since 8am :(

Bauhaus - In The Flat Field
- Reminds me of studying for my inter-cert. Great album.
Asva - Futurists Against The Ocean
- Why did I buy this? It's fucking awful. Too clean for this kinda music, sounds really, really dull.
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
- Probably my favourite Cocteaus album and one of my favourite production jobs ever. Beautiful.
Boris - Pink
- Some great moments, particularly the opening track but it sounds like they've run out of ideas. Interesting production though.

aoboa said:
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
- Probably my favourite Cocteaus album and one of my favourite production jobs ever. Beautiful.

Amazing album. The 2003 remaster of this (and the other five albums) is very disappointing though. The old CD versions or the vinyl sound far better.

So far today.

Andy Partridge - Fuzzy Warbles Vol 6
Scott Walker - The Drift.
Dave Clarke - Four Season Rmx
Peshay - Miles From Home
Mira Calix - One On One

nlgbbbblth said:
Amazing album. The 2003 remaster of this (and the other five albums) is very disappointing though. The old CD versions or the vinyl sound far better.

Speaking of remasters I got the remaster of Killing Joke - Killing Joke a few weeks ago. Really nice job done on it and some great bonus tracks too.

Which other Cocteau albums are remastered? I'd love to hear a decent job done on Garlands.

aoboa said:
Which other Cocteau albums are remastered? I'd love to hear a decent job done on Garlands.

Robin Guthrie remastered the six 4AD albums. Seems to have little experience as a mastering engineer and I heard that the whole exercise was done to keep 4AD afloat.

None of them sound good - guitars to the front, vocals pushed to the rear. Too loud and on a discman they make my ears hurt. The recent box set of EPs and singles has the same mastering but for some reason doesn't seem as harsh although I've only played it a couple of times and not on headphones.

The Garlands remaster loses the Peel Session that the previous version had.

nlgbbbblth said:
The Garlands remaster loses the Peel Session that the previous version had.

wft - so no 'Dear Heart'?? Those extra trax were better than most of the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back