What records did you listen to today? (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
  • Watchers 25
photon said:
Is this the "Brian Jones Presents..." one? That's a great album; I was just listening to that myself last week (and played a track from it on the Lazybird radio show).

i have that one, but i was listening to "apocalypse across the sky". i do wish there wasnt all those flanging effects on the jones one though. highly enjoyable anyway.

american analog set - set free
neil young - on the beach
odawas - aether eater .|..|

coil - time machines (well, this was last night ... including it anyway cos i'll probably listen to it again tonight when i get home)
coil - the angelic conversation, ape of naples
loren connors - sails
jandek - newcastle sunday
venetian snares - meathole

076.jpg

00006955_theknife.jpg

fe_19945.jpg

ddmurph said:
coil - time machines (well, this was last night ... including it anyway cos i'll probably listen to it again tonight when i get home)

one of the best albums ever ever ever. totally mind altering, i could listen to it endlessly.

coil - the angelic conversation, ape of naples

i havent listened to (or seen) the angelic conversation in ages. must dig it out. the ape is a fantastic album, had it on earlier. "heaven's blade" is superb.

venetian snares - meathole

features a sample of current 93 on the first track, and a track later on the album samples almost an entire nurse with wound track. apparently winnipeg is steve's armpit.

Unknown Convict said:
could be his best yet
yeah, pretty as ever is one of the most amazing pieces of music i've heard all year ... i'd use the word beautiful but i don't wanna seem like a wimp ...

Brian Conniffe said:
one of the best albums ever ever ever. totally mind altering, i could listen to it endlessly.
definitely ... i don't think there's (m)any albums that come close to it to be honest

Brian Conniffe said:
features a sample of current 93 on the first track, and a track later on the album samples almost an entire nurse with wound track. apparently winnipeg is steve's armpit.
i remember you saying this before but i don't recognise em. which tracks?

ddmurph said:
definitely ... i don't think there's (m)any albums that come close to it to be honest

soliloquy for lilith is the nearest thing, i think.

i remember you saying this before but i don't recognise em. which tracks?

track one samples "hey ho the noddy oh" from c93's "swatikas for noddy" album, the line "my eyes are black and white" as sung by rose mcdowall is disernable. i think its track five which samples pretty much all of nww's "i am the poison" from the "soresucker" single and the "sugar fish drink" cd.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Is that new?

yeah, it's a Houdini live album...kinda, sounds like a studio live, no audience noises or anything. sounds good, but would be better if it had all the tracks they played in dublin, not just the obvious ones...

george mcfly said:
i listened to Morrissey - Under The Influence this morning
deadly mixtape of stuff..does anyone know if Moz actually chose the songs?
i love the Tyrannosaurus Rex song

As far as I know sure he chose them himself. It really is a fascinating CD. I listen to it all the time, love the Ludus track and the Nat Couty one, and the weird Cajun thingy at the start, and the Patti Smith song etc etc...

Le Tigre - Le Tigre
NoMeansNo - The Worldhood of the World (as such)
Mike Watt - Ball Hog or Tug Boat (12 minutes of J Mascis soloing.|..| )
Minor Threat - first demo
Rocket From The Crypt - Scream Dracula Scream
Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician

St. Fechin said:
As far as I know sure he chose them himself. It really is a fascinating CD. I listen to it all the time, love the Ludus track and the Nat Couty one, and the weird Cajun thingy at the start, and the Patti Smith song etc etc...

St. Fechin, you really are losing it today, that first sentence made absolutely NO sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back