What records did you listen to today? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
  • Watchers 25
17892L.jpg

The Flaming Lips - In A Priest Driven Ambulance (reissued vinyl)

Fuck, what an amazingly consistent alboom.:heart:

a drone-a-thon for a sleepy sunday...

the hafler trio: "normally" (first of the voice series, this one made from blika bargelds voice. the first cd is by far the best, though it is a little static sounding. a very nice chasm nonetheless, ooh!),
"no man put asunder - 7 fruitful and seamless unions" (second part of a trilogy which sounds like a single c chord on a cello stretched into endlessness, but there are little textures going on. pulsating lovelyness),
"where are you" (second of the voice series, david tibet reading maldoror being the source of these sounds. the most dynamic and sonically varied of the series, very immersive and intense in parts),
"exactly as i do" (the fourth in the voice series, jonsi birgisson of sigur ros this time [itself the second in its own trilogy]. certainly the best of the voice series in my mind, a really glacial excercise with some a lovely mesmeric bath of low end pulsations at one point).

monos: "generating a black sea" (bonus third disc to the wonderful "generators" 2cd album. this one is equally lovely and entrancing, a combination and remix of the two cds proper. brilliant)

mirror: "eye of the storm" (one of mirror's best, all the can be said is that it is absolutely wonderful)

i've been cycling a lot today and have mainly been singing along rather tunelessly to styx, talking heads and peaches.

Rimbaud said:
Sounds great!
the inhabitants of the street where our knitting circle was were rather loudly (i think, it's hard to monitor your own volume when you've got headphones on) requested to "come sail away with MEEEEEE". which i guess is better than having filth muttered at you which is what happens when someone's singing along to peaches.

Brian Conniffe said:
i've had that album for years, never listened to it. must give it a go.

that negativland album is deadly, my favourite after "escape from noise".

Picked up the Linda Perhacs reissue a few months back. Only clicked tonight. Good stuff.

The Negativland album is great fun especially the title track. What a sound collage!

Donkey OJ said:
SunsetRubdown02.jpg

sunset rubdown - shutup i am dreaming of a place where lovers have wings.

this album is beautiful. i only have it a week and i am in love with it already. download, borrow, buy or steal it. a total summer record. .|..|::clef::.|..|

heard a couple of tracks off this. They on Abs. Kosher?

Today I listened to:

The New Year - Newness Ends
Film School - Film School
Tom Waits - Closing Time

Townes Van Zandt-Low/Great,Late

Mississipi John Hurt - Avalon blues

John Fahey- The Epihany of Glenn Jones

Behead the Prophet No Lord Shall Live- I am that Great and Fiery Force,which has duly given me a headache:)

nlgbbbblth said:
Have seen a record called People Like Us - Hate People Like Us but not heard it.

thats the remix album. has some good bits.
everything she has done is available for free download here:
http://www.peoplelikeus.org/dnload.htm

in general, i do find her work a bit hit and miss. but when its good its fantastic. check out track 15. T424PLU (excerpt) from "recyclopaedia britannica", thats my favourite one.

Nothing this morning because I was running late. Last night Nicky Siano's gallery (what a coincidence) and Wire to Wire by Robert Hood. I'd forgotten how good that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back