What News.... (2 Viewers)

Sunday Times of a sunday. Barely read anything in it and it makes me angry every week, without fail.

I'd get the Irish Times a handful of times a year. I've stopped going to their website since it went paywall. I browse the Indo website for about 30 seconds a day before abandoning it cos its trashy shite.

And I have the Guardian app on my phone and will occasionally check articles when headline alerts are sent. I read the Guardian's music pages when I'm at a gig on my own (almost every gig I go to) cos I have no mates.

Sunday Times of a sunday. Barely read anything in it and it makes me angry every week, without fail.

I'd get the Irish Times a handful of times a year. I've stopped going to their website since it went paywall. I browse the Indo website for about 30 seconds a day before abandoning it cos its trashy shite.

And I have the Guardian app on my phone and will occasionally check articles when headline alerts are sent. I read the Guardian's music pages when I'm at a gig on my own (almost every gig I go to) cos I have no mates.

The Sunday Times is angrifying? I'm most bothered by how it's so thick that it can't be folded and tucked under the arm.

Independent.ie is the pits

But they have all the Victorias Secret fashion show photos.
(Yeah, it's dreadful).

I get the Sunday Times because I enjoy flipping through the Style magazine while on the toilet, AA Gill's restaurant review from The Magazine if nature demands a longer seat time.
I need a "dislike" and a "meh" on this to complete my collection

Where does one read RSS?
RSS is a feed that offers an almost real-time of which new articles are published. I'd generally recommend using a web based feed reader so that it keeps track of the read/unread feeds across all devices (Most of my internet time wastage starts from web RSS client/iOS RSS client). RSS is basically twitter for seeing what new articles are published but a lot older and mostly used by news junkies who track a lot of sites. Google Reader used to be pretty much the best & only web client but when they killed that, Feedly.com has now taken prize spot. I *think* it's free to use although you can bump up to premium to get faster feed polling/better search.

I've been using RSS since about 2005, wouldn't be able to sanely use the internet without it. (Otherwise I'd have to check about 200-300 odd websites by hand every day).

Here's what my Feedly looks like for my (Irish) news - I follow pretty much all the big sites.

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 4.18.56 p.m..png

So it would look like I was reading email?

Damn
NO! Don't go there. Using Outlook to read RSS would be the worst thing imaginable.

Feedly.com - Web Client
Reeder - iOS Client
(no idea about Android clients but use a web backed RSS client i.e. Feedly to ensure your read statuses are synced across devices)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back