What MP3 Player would you recommend? (2 Viewers)

no software. you can get an itunes plug in too, but it works fine without. i have a 160gb 504 and i've no complaints. even records from t.v. (via the dvr station which you plug in to yr t.v.). also stores photos, avi videos - good size screen too.

Yeah, you can use it as a portable hard-drive. Its great, just drap drop and play! I've an AV700TV and can record TV, DVD's or whatever or Dl from Joox.net and play away! Its brilliant, A big big and was very concerned about breaking the screen but I got a leather case for it with a metal plate in the front so that even when it gets bashed the screen is fine! Also I've dropped it a few times and its never wiped itself like some regular hard-drives! Best buy ever, or so I think!

Looked at the new Archos 605, 160GB model is only €369, which is actually cheaper than i can see anywhere online. Gonna get it in the morning. Saves me on having to get a seperate drive for backing up photos onto. Result!

I have an iRiver, and though they mightn't look as flashy (or be as appealing to kids) as iPods, I'd recommend them to anyone. You can just plug them into any computer and drag-and-drop folders in without any need to install software. You can record with either an internal or an external mic, which is handy if you're a musican and need to record stuff before you forget it. Or lectures, gigs, blahdeblah...It stores pictures too, and plays all kinds of files - mp3's, ogg, wma's etc (not m4a's though)

Get one with as much memory as you can afford. My 40gig was almost filled up with music I had downloaded onto my computer before I even got near ripping my cds - and I don't have a massive amount of downloaded stuff.

i have one of these none of that apple drm crap you have with ipods.
also durable as hell. mine still works even after being in a bus crash. it didnt even stop playing .

I am utterly ignorant in the ways of downloads so I have this probably very silly question. I already have an itunes account bu no ipod.Can I put my itunes songs onto any mp3 player or does it HAVE to be an ipod?

I am utterly ignorant in the ways of downloads so I have this probably very silly question. I already have an itunes account bu no ipod.Can I put my itunes songs onto any mp3 player or does it HAVE to be an ipod?

depends, have you bought songs from the Music Store?
If you just used iTunes as a player on your computer, playing ripped CDs then you're fine. If you have "bought" songs then you may have to convert them to mp3 or something. Easiest way is to burn them onto an audio CD and re ripp them.

Looked at the new Archos 605, 160GB model is only €369, which is actually cheaper than i can see anywhere online. Gonna get it in the morning. Saves me on having to get a seperate drive for backing up photos onto. Result!
Went back today to get this, they'd fucked up, was the 80gb model for €369. Bought it anyway. Been tinkering with it for about an hour, it's the coolest thing ever.

Ok so now i'm on my second one (first one wouldn't connect to PC) and going in tomorrow for my third (replacement has a two hour battery life, takes 12 hours to charge fully), maybe. See, it charges via USB, and i won't be near a computer most days, so if i got an external USB hub powered off a socket, could i use that to charge it, or is there a risk or incompatability i'm missing? If not, i'll have to get a refund and try some other brand. It's an amazing machine but if i can't charge it off a wall, it's not practical.

Ok so now i'm on my second one (first one wouldn't connect to PC) and going in tomorrow for my third (replacement has a two hour battery life, takes 12 hours to charge fully), maybe. See, it charges via USB, and i won't be near a computer most days, so if i got an external USB hub powered off a socket, could i use that to charge it, or is there a risk or incompatability i'm missing? If not, i'll have to get a refund and try some other brand. It's an amazing machine but if i can't charge it off a wall, it's not practical.

mine charges in about 2 hours, using the dvr station. don't know if that's compatible for your model tho.

There is a dvr for this one but it's another 150. pretty much everything is extra - dvr, tv connection, internet browser, about five different codex. It's a bit of a rip off really with all the hidden charges.

So got my third one yesterday and it's going back to the shop in the morning. Getting about two hours video out of the battery (advertised as five) and the audio keeps distorting about every ten minutes. Really disapointed, it's a great machine when it works and would be perfect for me backing up photos and such, but i think after getting three in a row i'll have to look at another type of player. So, anyone know of one i can throw photos on and view 'em that you can put music on via drag and drop (i.e. no proprietary software).

Oh and BTW FYI the staff in both dixons and curries in cork are absolutely useless. Dixons had a row of about ten HD tellys and they were showing a terrestrial feed of RTE on them (making them look absolutely shite), curries staff were unaware that dixons and curries are the same shop (pretty much) and only until i demanded a manager did they realise that they could exchange my player for me (there was none left in dixons so they rang curries who said to call over).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back