What MP3 Player would you recommend? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I know alot of people have had problems with Creative's Zen line. What about iPods are they any good? I'm asking for a friend who hasn't got a clue wants to get one for his sprog for christmas.

I know alot of people have had problems with Creative's Zen line. What about iPods are they any good? I'm asking for a friend who hasn't got a clue wants to get one for his sprog for christmas.

i've had my zen touch 20G for a year and a half now. i have had no problems with it and i have given it some load of abuse. it's all dented from being dropped but plays perfectly. it did crash once about 6 months ago but i was able to let the battery run down and then it worked fine again and no data was lost. i've heard of people with all other types of players complain much worse.

the only beefs i'd have with it is that there's no line in on it and that you need to have creative's software installed before a pc will recognize it.

mate recommends this sandisk player
Sansae200_straight.jpg

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1166)-SanDisk_Sansa_e200_Series_MP3_Players.aspx

no one needs 40gig in an ispud unless your scooting off around the world or summat. its cheap and has all the functionality of the others. upgradeable memory (i think..)
thinking of getting one myself.
im not going to fork out loadza cash for something thats going to go tits up in a year or two anyway...

I'm gonna get the nano ipod. apparently its quite durable...different type of memory or something?

it's 'flash memory' versus what ammounts to basically a portable harddrive. All the big MP3 jobs are bascially portable harddrives, which are a little bit sketchy... the new stuff coming on line uses flash memory is more stable and takes a shaking a lot better... so I understand... I still use mini discs...

no one needs 40gig in an ispud unless your scooting off around the world

If I was geting an MP3 jobbie I'd disagree with this, I think as with any technology you should aim for the most memory/storage/speed you can afford... otherwise you risk it becoming obsolete quicker

my 2 cents!

I have an iRiver, and though they mightn't look as flashy (or be as appealing to kids) as iPods, I'd recommend them to anyone. You can just plug them into any computer and drag-and-drop folders in without any need to install software. You can record with either an internal or an external mic, which is handy if you're a musican and need to record stuff before you forget it. Or lectures, gigs, blahdeblah...It stores pictures too, and plays all kinds of files - mp3's, ogg, wma's etc (not m4a's though)

Get one with as much memory as you can afford. My 40gig was almost filled up with music I had downloaded onto my computer before I even got near ripping my cds - and I don't have a massive amount of downloaded stuff.

Had two 40G iPods and between them they lasted 3 years at most. Dropped one and it broke and the other just packed up for no reason. They also skip a lot if you shake them. Even by just having them in your pocket while running.

Still cooler looking than an iRiver though

apple, the guys who make computers (yeah, I know - eyeroll emoticon), have jumped on this bandwagon and have a range of these things they are called i-tunes, that are apparently good.

will iriver/sans dick/all the others
work w/ a mac?

the iriver does work with mac anyway. it just shows up as a regular mounted drive.

i used to have a zen. it was grand, but plenty of crashes/random rebooting from time to time. the interface was quite clunky as well.

i love my ipod. it hasn't let me down yet. good battery life and sound. having the artwork displayed is nice too.

The Cowan iAudio ones look really good, bit on the expensive side
though.
Cowan%20iAudioX5.jpg

If I had the money I'd get one but instead I've a 1gig card in me Sony Ericsson phone which is pretty sweet.

I've an ipod shuffle which I like. I just leave it in the car and refill it whenever the battery dies. Pretty annoying when a deadly song comes on and you want to hear the whole album.

Got me Creative Vision M in the post on Monday.
30gig
Really nice screen (though I've no video on it yet)
Radio
internal mic, so I can make memo's to self.

For all these reasons, it's better than the equivalent sized iPod, according to some review I read somewhere.

I've got me an Archos av700tv, now this is a pretty big but plays videos and has a 7" screen and all that stuff and its fucking deadly but if you just want mp3, i'd check out the archos website as they've got some great stuff.

Oh yeah i have one of those too . They are great . Not one minute trouble has it given me and its been around the world . Buy anything archos . They are great .

[FONT=&quot]Iaudios are the shit closely followed by irivers. My creative gave me plenty of problems but did last a while before I exchanged it. My sister had an ipod which gave her grief. I would avoid Ipods and creatives for reasons of practicality, like Itunes only takes mp3 and creative’s fm radios poop out, as well as reliability [/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back