What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

I'm half way through Rambo 4. Was looking forward to it, and the monstrous body count, but some scenes are just a little too much, even for me. And Rambo.

superbad. still on a michael cera buzz but thought i was going to hate it - i thought the writing and acting were deadly, and it's funny as hell.

1849-large.jpg

Watched this with my little sister. There was a little tear at the end. From me. The sister is 8 and declared at the end of it "That was brilliant, films with different languages are better than most English ones!". There's hope for her yet.

1849-large.jpg

Watched this with my little sister. There was a little tear at the end. From me. The sister is 8 and declared at the end of it "That was brilliant, films with different languages are better than most English ones!". There's hope for her yet.

a fine, fine movie. roberto benigni managed to reign in his annoyingness just enough to make his character tragically likeable. havent seen him in anything else but dont know if i want to.

and as for the little boy - easily the best performance given by any child ever i think. his innocence is almost hypnotic.

and yes, i have bawled every time i have seen this movie!

a fine, fine movie. roberto benigni managed to reign in his annoyingness just enough to make his character tragically likeable. havent seen him in anything else but dont know if i want to.

and as for the little boy - easily the best performance given by any child ever i think. his innocence is almost hypnotic.

and yes, i have bawled every time i have seen this movie!
Agreed, however you should check out "Down by Law" - Great movie and he's great in it.

We watched Michael Moore's Sicko.

I thought he was a little TOO generous with the NHS and the Canadian systems, presenting them as if they were entirely unproblematic, but once you acknowledge the bits that are just part of Moore's style, it was pretty fucking shocking.

It made me ashamed and sad. Really, really fucking sad. And embarrassed, not to be American -- there's no point in that, really -- but that it's actually taken me time to undo the healthcare brainwashing and believe that free health care is a basic human right.

And then I was sad because Ireland is going that way now. Everyone was talking about how Mary Harney went to the Super Bowl on her trip to Amerikay, but the really scary thing was that she was there to talk about health care. She should be going to fucking France and Germany and the UK to talk about health care because if she's going to the US, it can only mean one thing.

Ugh.

It was a fucking funny movie, though. I know it's not hip to like Michael Moore and I know his movies are not without problems, but I think he's pretty great.

I'm watching this on stage6 and this is completely nuts.

I hear you.

My enthusiasm degenerated into mild concern, and then a terrified awarness of how disturbing it actaully was.

Action like this only works when there's a slighty silly side to it. did'nt happen here though. All the Kids being stabbed in the heart, shot in the face, and thrown into fires really took away from the sillier footage of people simply being blown to shreds.

I'm sorry John Rambo. I'm so sorry.

New Rambo.
saw this on computer, so crappy camcorder job, and film is quite slow to start, but last 30minuets or so are utterly immence

Just saw this in cinema- jesustittyfuckingchrist! .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..| missed so much on crappy pc version. this film annihilates.|..|.|..|

be-kind-rewind-img1.jpg

Be Kind Rewind.

Great. A really sweet, easy flick. Funny as hell, but more visually than in the dialouge.And Goddards 'special effects' are fucking genius.

I wish he'd stop making films for people to bring their boy/girlfriends to though.

Black Book (Zwartbook) directed by the famous controversial director Paul Verhoeven.
Carice Van Houten is absolutely superb in this, film based on the Dutch Resistence.
Almost 3 hours but not one iota too long.....
A bit of trivia was Christian Berkal in this film and also that otehr stunning film Der Untergang.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389557/

be-kind-rewind-img1.jpg

Be Kind Rewind.

Great. A really sweet, easy flick. Funny as hell, but more visually than in the dialouge.And Goddards 'special effects' are fucking genius.

I wish he'd stop making films for people to bring their boy/girlfriends to though.

i thought i was aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright like. i enjoyed eating my Maltesers more, but they were SUPER delicious Corey so you can't blame me.

DON'T BLAME THE SWEETS COREY!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back