What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

tonight
51VBH95VDAL._AA240_.jpg

The 1976 play - unseen till 1987. Far superior to the 1982 movie.

Manipulative and nasty. Potter rocks.

10675~City-of-Lost-Children-Posters.jpg

city of lost children, cool really enjoyed it. quirky in a delicatessen kinda way got some of the same actors in it too. And cool costumes by Jean Paul Gaultier surprised I'd never come across it before.

Finally got around to watching the Lukas Moodysson boxset I bought AGES ago.. Watched these films from it last night..

15308-large.jpg

Very depressing film.. Its great though.

fucking.jpg

This shaped my early teenage years so it did. Love it so much.

A_Hole_in_My_Heart_poster.jpg

Together is my favourite. Don't think he'll ever go back to doing those kind of films again though, unfortunately.

Last night I watched Mike Leigh's Meantime. Typical ML fodder, but very good, with excellent performances from Tim Roth, Gary Oldman, Tilly Vosburgh and :)eek:) Phil Daniels

Hairspray - I didn't want to like it, but I did. A lot. Too much.
The Simpsons Movie - It wasn't as shite as I thought it was going to be
Lady Vengence - All right

Together is my favourite. Don't think he'll ever go back to doing those kind of films again though, unfortunately.

Last night I watched Mike Leigh's Meantime. Typical ML fodder, but very good, with excellent performances from Tim Roth, Gary Oldman, Tilly Vosburgh and :)eek:) Phil Daniels

Alfred Molina plays Tim Roths uncle in that. I found it fairly depressing but i really loved the fucked up incidental piano music and the grey/recession/snorkel jacketness of it all.

Alfred Molina plays Tim Roths uncle in that. I found it fairly depressing but i really loved the fucked up incidental piano music and the grey/recession/snorkel jacketness of it all.

the piano was bizarre and extremely annoying. Totally in contrast other worldly motifs employed in The Unbelievable Truth (which i watched the other night) which really complimented the strangeness of that film; this simply grated and didn't go with the banality of the scenes at all.

you got to love Mike Leigh though, interesting look at what long term unemployment can do to people

Tilly Vosburgh turned up in an episode of Grange Hill (1978) I saw on DVD recently. Looked great.

she was very good as the wealthy relation in this. I'd say she was pretty 10 years earlier alright.what's Grange Hill actually like, i have vague memories from my childhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back