What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Finally finally finally...

trailer_park.jpg

Well worth the wait. It was total genius, as hoped.
Only downer was that J-Roc and Randy are practically invisible in it.

Over the weekend:
The Host - fantastic monster movie.
Headspace - dear god - worst film I've seen in some time.
Rocky Balboa - great fun. First 20 mins were unbelievably cheesy, so was the rest but great cheese.

194408~Talk-Radio-Posters.jpg

What a load of rubbish.

Best bit: Bogosian's hair in the suit hire flash back.
Best line: 'I'll have to take a rain check on that burger.'

And yes, it was the freebie that came with the papers.

Talk Radio - not so good. Then again not an Oliver Stone fan.

Neither was 'After the Wedding', the new Susanne Bier film. Overwrought incredulous, strongly acted hokum. Bier seems to be getting worse as a film-maker. I have no idea why I went to see it. Her last film was a poor take on 'the Deerhunter' and the poster for this one was just awful. Mads Mikkelson was good, but no. If you like rubbish like '21 grams' then this sort of nonsense will be to your taste.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - almost could have been brilliant but managed to barely reach 'tolerable but shit'.

There were moments where I thought it would redeem itself but they just didn't follow through. The only thing I really enjoyed were the weird cgi aquatic creatures.

Sublime - First half was good, then it becomes a really bad Jacobs Ladder. Really stupid overt symbolism about US society. Yawn.

hey, someone start a thread called what movie are you going to watch tonight.
its got so much potential

"ah yeah, was gonna watch my super ex girlfriend but me mot dropped the hand so we barely got past the piraacy warning"

tonight i watched

march-of-the-penguins.jpg

- has totally restored my faith in love. and snow. but i knew that last part any way.

and..........

perfume.jpg

which i was relived to find well executed. i always worry when films are made of books i loved, but this was good.

DRUGSTORE_COWBOY_DVD_HIRES.jpg

hadn't seen it in years! lovely looking film:)

had recorded this last week and watched it last night.was my first time seeing it actually.pretty good.not totally amazing.but competent, enjoyable and lovely looking as you say.great cameo by burroughs aswell.what a voice that guy had!i think some of his books are available on audio tape.must get me one.

competent, enjoyable and lovely looking as you say.great cameo by burroughs aswell.what a voice that guy had!i think some of his books are available on audio tape.must get me one.

hours of his spoken word stuff on this...
e475745we8t.jpg

last night...
topscrt2vq.jpg

more smirky than laugh out loud after all these years:rolleyes:

Du Quois: This is Chevalier, Montage, Detente, Avant Garde, and Deja Vu.
Deja Vu: Haven't we met before?
Nick Rivers: I don't think so.
Du Quois: Over there, Croissant, Souffle, Escargot, and Chocolate Mousse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back