What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Finally saw Cannibal Holocaust. Went for the edited version without the old animal torture, can do without that. Enjoyed it. Way better produced than I was expecting plus it had a good story and comment on sensationalism in the media. spike chick ruled.

cannibal holocaust is brilliant. i'm a cut version guy too.

yesterday booze withdrawl:

repo man (i've said enough)

conan the barbarian (i too had to pay the gods yesterday - CROMMM!!!)

phenomena -fuckin great movie! 2nd favourite argento. donald plesance is great as an old scottish guy with a monkey. jennifer "ass 2 ass" connelly is super young and can control bugs with her mind. iron maiden and motorhead on the soundtrack. guy from gobiln does the score with many nods to john carpenter...needles to say this is batshit crazy, barely makes sense and has tonnes of gloved hands slashing at women. the ending is mindboggling.
you either love this shit or you hate it.
A++++++++++!

This 'un...
poster2%20Jean-Luc%20Godard%20My%20Life%20to%20Live%20Vivre%20sa%20vie%20DVD%20Review%20.jpg

And this 'un...
squid-and-the-whale-poster-0.jpg

That's quite the Hitchcock marathon, Squiggle. I've never seen The 39 Steps but I have the book at home... which I've also never read, come to think of it.

Last night I watched...

thumbsucker.jpg

which I liked wayyyyyy more than The Squid and his Whale.

Then I watched...

B00005V4WT.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

but I had to watch it on my laptop cos my sister wouldn't let me watch 2 fillums in a row on the telly :mad: .

On a bit of a Hitchcock kick at the moment. The film is only very loosely based on the book - which is one I'm actually rather fond of. The film is quite enjoyable though.

i watched An American Haunting last night..if they had of left the cgi out i think it could have been brilliant.. reminded me a lot of the haunting of hill house (the one with Julie Harris)

then i watched Hellboy and fell asleep listening to the Mike Mignola commentary, he's great

man, do all new york jewish intellectuals just have messy personal lives? I kinda liked this, thought it was a bit tenenbaumish and then saw that the guy who wrote and directed squid also wrote the life aquatic and wes anderson produced the squid.the young brother was a little wanker;)
not as good as this tho for the old big apple brainiac buzz...
image001.jpg

i also watched this on network 2 last night...
waynes_world_2.jpg

i'd forgotten some of the sweet dialog:)

"if yr gonna spew - spew into this"....

That's quite the Hitchcock marathon, Squiggle. I've never seen The 39 Steps but I have the book at home... which I've also never read, come to think of it.

Ah, jasus, you have to watch or read (or both) “The 39 Steps”. Classic. Actually ANY version of the movie is good. The Hitchcock one is still my favourite.

I’m also doing the Hitchcock thing at the moment. Though I haven’t gone to any at the IFI. Went to some of them a few years back there when they first came out “remastered”.

It’s fascinating watching the documentaries.

i watched An American Haunting last night..if they had of left the cgi out i think it could have been brilliant.. reminded me a lot of the haunting of hill house (the one with Julie Harris)

Was that not just “The Haunting”? Julie Harris. Much under-rated.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)
Directed by
William Castle
Five diverse people are invited to a 'haunted house' party. They are offered $10,000 each by an eccentric...

Remade as:

House on Haunted Hill (1999)
Directed by
William Malone
Plot Outline: A millionaire offers a group of diverse people $1,000,000 to spend the night in a haunted house with a horrifying past.

As opposed to:

The Haunting (1963/I)
Directed by
Robert Wise
Plot Summary: Dr. Markway, doing research to prove the existence of ghosts, investigates Hill House, a large, eerie...

Remade as:

The Haunting (1999)
( Alternate Title: The Haunting of Hill House)
Directed by
Jan de Bont
Plot Outline: When Eleanor, Theo, and Luke decide to take part in a sleep study at a huge mansion they get more than they bargained for when Dr. Marrow tells them of the house's ghostly past.

That’s me none the wiser.

B00024Z41Y.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and

runningman.jpg

(well enough of it to hear mick fleetwood say
'you're a cop. you're one of the ones who burned all my songs' - fuckin right he did, asshole! dweezil zappa can suck it on behalf of his father too)

and then:
B0000AOX0F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

amazing but i wonder how much more amazing it would have been had kurt russell been cast in it. "hell comes to frog town" is rowdy roddy pipers best performance

This came free with one of the Sunday papers. Watched this again recently. Would definitely recommend - the kid in it is brilliant.

Paris-Texas1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back