What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Saw The Wind That Shakes The Barley today. Really enjoyed it.

I didn't get fervently Nationalist as I thought I would, but I now mistrust anyone in uniform, be they British soldier, Free Stater, or the car park attendants of Dundrum Shopping Centre.

THERE'LL BE CLEAN SHOES ON YOUR CORPSE!

Last night I watched Shooting Dogs. It's harrowing and very difficult to watch. Really really depressing. But I highly recommend it all the same.

ICUH8N said:
good misery or bad misery? I was hoping this would be good.

Bad misery.

It's not a terrible film but in order for it to work as a character study you have to like the protagonist and think she's beautiful, misguided and misunderstood as opposed to a passive, mindless sluh.

jaakko said:
Dave Chappelle's Block Party

2 gr8 lolz

Thoroughly enjoyed this. The two golfing Ohio guys were great. The Fugees were less great. I'd watch it again. What this movie really needs is a DVD release with extras of the full performances.

helena said:
Thoroughly enjoyed this. The two golfing Ohio guys were great. The Fugees were less great. I'd watch it again. What this movie really needs is a DVD release with extras of the full performances.

Indeed, at least the Killing me Softly started killing me...nto so softly. But the other stuff was great. Especially Dead Prez. I wonder how many hours in total ?uestlove was drumming in that party...

Catwoman said:
Stoned - that film about Brian Jones. Awful. Over-directed and full of clichès.

Yeah, that's an awful film.
Although Paddy Considine's very good (as always).

"You, ya cunt!!" - I was seriously punching the fuck out of the keys writing that.

Andy_aurel said:
Tesis

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117883/

Well directed above par look at the old someone finds a
snuff film formula. Nicely subtle use of the film within the
film.

Overall left me a bit meh. I always tire of the thriller device,
is it him? no it's him, wait it's him stuff. But overall probably
more impressive in its time '96

i've wanted to see tesis for years now....always seems to expensive for somethign that i've only ever heard is "alright"

GORILLAMUNCH said:
i've wanted to see tesis for years now....always seems to expensive for somethign that i've only ever heard is "alright"

yeah, it's definately not worth what most places charge for it. would have thought lazer would have a rental copy.

watched bubba ho-tep last night. probably one of the dumbest films ever, but sure that's why we love bruce campbell anyway :) good, enjoyable film with elvis battling a resurrected mummy. how could it fail?

Watched this tonight. Still as good as I remembered.

04.jpg

Super Dexta said:
metallica: some kind of monster. i was totally entranced by how utterly rubbish the album they were making was. it was hypnotic.
Stunning, wasn't it? One of them would say something and it would cut to a new song with what was just said as the lyrics.
"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!"
Deep.

Wilbert said:
Stunning, wasn't it? One of them would say something and it would cut to a new song with what was just said as the lyrics.
"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!"
Deep.

The scariest part was when they tried to get rid of the shrink
but he wouldn't let them with his psycho-babble mind control.
Hate that shrink bastard.

Watched The Break Up last night. Surprisingly good. You kind of half expect them to cut into some light comedy and all of a sudden they start having these blazing arguments. Also: Vince Vaughan can act. Who knew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back