What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

watched this today for the millionth time.
a total classic.

b4c7dbc650dd9b319c25ccd39dac3aff.jpg

yesterday: brokeback mountain and glengarry glen ross. i was fucking brokenhearted after the pair of them.

rented lady vengeance for later on.. also picked up the warriors directors cut for a tenner in the hmv sale, score-tastic

thank you for smoking. like'd it a lot. very humerous, excellent dialogue, good performances. recomended.:)
then platoon on telly later on..|..|

Saw that new Jan Svankmajer film, Lunacy. A bit long - or maybe it was cos it was on so late - but really incredible. Well worth watching if it shows up on the IFI listings next month.

"Alive Alive O - Requiem for Dublin"
Documentary exploring the lives of street traders in Dublin - their roots, loyalties and ongoing battle to survive against an onslaught of commercialization.

this was really good, although it's amazing how much things have changed since it was made in 1999

I WATCHED ROCKY VII... WHERE ROCK IS THE COACH OF A EUROPEAN FOOTBALL TEAM AND HE GETS THEM TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THE OTHER TEAM. BUT THEY HAVE THE SAME PLAN 'COZ DRAGO IS THE COACH.

IT'S NOT GREAT ON ACTING BUT IT'S PRETTY EXCITING.

ROCKY VIII IS GONNA BE GREAT. THEY'RE GONNA BE FIGHTING THE DIRTY FILTHY USELESS BRITISH TEAM.

3 1/2 ALLAHQUANDOS!!

aoboa said:
The Fog (remake) - oh dear.
Running Scared - Very stylish and a bit vacant but really entertaining.

Watched John Carpenters The Fog just to make sure.
The remake is probably the worst horror remake ever - it's like an episode of Dawsons Creek.

Wilbert said:
In fairness, the original is not a classic Carpenter movie. I think it is the start of his decline. I like it though. I walked out of the remake.

The original has a really nice feel/pace to it. Agreed it was a little lackluster compared to The Thing/Halloween.

the fog came before the thing....fuck that noise - the fog is amazing
and decline? he still smoked out the thing, big trouble, prince of darkness
(which i like...possibly alone in that view though) and they live...then he dropped off big time.

oh and Elvis is great too

GORILLAMUNCH said:
he still smoked out the thing, big trouble, prince of darkness
(which i like...possibly alone in that view though)

Prince of darkness is amazing. First movie I was scared by.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
the fog came before the thing....fuck that noise - the fog is amazing
and decline? he still smoked out the thing, big trouble, prince of darkness
(which i like...possibly alone in that view though) and they live...then he dropped off big time.

oh and Elvis is great too

The Fog was before Escape From New York too.

right. last night i went to see Re-Cycle, the latest effort from the Pang Brothers (the twins that brought you The Eye.)

it was in the cinema - and thank god, because the special effects were fucking INCREDIBLE. the sets and soundtrack were equally outstanding.
first half hour is fucking terrifying, then it segues into this amazing adventure through a zombie-infested post-apocalyptic land.

im telling you, where the film fails in engaging the audience with a good plot, it more than makes up for with the rest. i dont know if it'll be available over in ireland but i'd highly recommend it.

www.re-cyclethemovie.com

photo_01.jpg

photo_03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back