What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

3 films in one day a few days ago:

Trap : I thought this was brilliant craic. Josh Hartnett is fuckin class as the psycho. It skirts the fine line of verging on totally ridiculous without ever quite going that far, which is a difficult thing to do - it IS ridiculous in a lot of ways, but it's all the more enjoyable for never totally surrendering to that. It's also quite funny at times.

Kneecap : This is a good film, and definitely one of the better efforts to come out of Ireland. It's not amazing though. It suffers from the same problem that most other Irish films suffer from - trying too hard to be humorous, which infects the entire tone of the film. The tone of this is similar to LondonDerry Girls, which as anyone who's watched that will know means maybe 5 minutes of somewhat amusing material out of every 30 minutes. Basically there's a lot of good stuff in this film, but there's also a lot of over-grandiose or over-exaggerated stuff that takes away from things a bit too. Essentially it suffers from a lack of critical editing overall and that's what holds it back from potentailly being great.

My Neighbour Totoro : I'd never seen this before and it's one of my friend's favourite films, so with it being in the cinema I figured I'd go and see it.
It's fuckin class, magnificently beautiful film.

After hours (1985)
Quirky, off beat film about a bored office worker who meets a strange woman in a diner. He goes back to her apartment, but things don't quite work out & it quickly turns into a farcical nightmare as he ends up stranded in downtown New York at night with no money. He encounters one eccentric character after another as he try's desperately to get back home.
I haven't seen this in years. It's one of Scorsese's lesser known films.
It's good, but kind of feels like an extended episode of the 80s twilight zone..... Which is fine by me.
Full film on YouTube.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back