What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Also, one of the best swapping of actors ever, when they went from young Furiosa to older Furiosa, I wasn't aware it had happened until about 10 minutes after. Very clever.
I knew this was a thing. Seems they used CGI to slowly morph Anya Taylor Joys features into the childs face, a little percentage more everytime you saw her. Brilliantly done.

Having a problem with the internet at home. Not working since Sunday the 16th. I hoping to get it sorted this week. So I've been watching a load of DVDs & blu-rays for the last few days.

Die screaming Marianne (1971) bluray
A weird father is trying to track down his free spirt daughter to unlock a fortune.
Great looking film, well-acted, Susan George, gorgeous, but the plot is a bit of a mess.

Phase IV (1974) bluray
Two scientists in an isolated desert research facility notice alarming developments in the behavior of ants. Excellent eco sci-fi thriller with great visuals.

El Topo (1970) dvd
Surreal, violent western directed by and starring Alejandro Jodorowsky.
No English dubbing or subtitles on this dvd, which doesn’t help in trying to understand it.
Mental. A spaghetti western on acid.

Carry on abroad (1972) dvd-r
The carry on crew go on a package holiday. They barely left Pinewood studios of course. The producer was never going to pay for it to be shot in Spain. I love the colour carry on films.

And soon the darkness (1970) dvd
Two young women on a cycling holiday in rural France are terrorized by the local psycho.
Well shot and acted. The script is full of red herrings, but it’s very one note.

Incense for the damned (1971) dvd-r
An oxford rich kid gets involved with a cult while in Greece & goes missing. A team are sent to find him. They ran out of money shooting this, so the production company tried to patch it together. Some notable names in it, but its poor. I like the vibe though.

Supersize me (2004) dvd-r
Good. A bit longer than I remembered.

The story of anvil (2009) dvd-r
Hard not to like this, although the story arch is very obvious. Never been that interested in checking out their early albums. Sorry Lipps.

Murder. My sweet (1944) dvd-r
Classic film noir with a messy plot.

Various episodes of on the buses & the prisoner on dvd.

Decided to have a private Donald sutherland appreciation week.
Kelly's Heroes earlier and Eye of the Needle just now.
I don't think I've ever seen Eye of the Needle before but it seemed very familiar.
I certainly didn't realise Rik Mayall had a tiny role in it.
179f7d7b0ea120174ca95b6d85d35b48.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back