What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

Friday night I watched Jaws. First time in years, still good.
Last night, Slaughterhouse, not the best, guess mid tier 80's slasher.
Black Friday. A comedy/horror about staff in a toy shop at black Friday, with a zombie/monster outbreak. Kinda wasn't paying that much attention tbh. Seemed grand??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

best shark themed album

Last edited:
Streets of Fire, with Willem Dafoe and Diane Lane

I had previously seen it by accident on TV one Friday night in the 80s and loved it, went and looked it up and found it on YouTube.

Normally when someone says something is "so bad it's good" I'm gonna hate it, but I think this might be one exception. Really dumb, acting is poor, dialog is lame ... but somehow it's loads of fun

the boy and the heron. amazing animation. like a fever dream at times. nice to go to the cinema to see it. decent over all

I loved The Boy & The Heron too. I haven't seen any of that guy's other films, must watch. Other recent viewing...

Blue Mountains, or Unbelievable Story
All about people in an offices doing no work. Excellent.

A Simple Event
A slow, minimalist film about a young lad - school, his parents. Beautiful and sad

The Cow
A man loses his mind when his beloved cow dies. I expected a heart warning feel good film (for some reason) but it's just sad and even harrowing at times. Very good too. The director and his wife, both in their 80s, were recently stabbed to death.

A Woman Under The Influence
This lady's behavior is a bit erratic and she can't be trusted with the kids so her husband has her committed for a few months. A mixture of heart warming and harrowing, very good.

Images
Woman has schizophrenia, anxiety inducing events occur as a result. Didn't know beforehand it was filmed in Ireland, the place looks great

I loved The Boy & The Heron too. I haven't seen any of that guy's other films, must watch.
Ooh yes, indeed - you must watch. Spirited Away is one of my favourite films ever. My Neighbour Totoro also great

I loved the first half of The Boy and the Heron, afterwards though it started to feel a bit too long

Saltburn. Second go and finished it this time. Didn't hate it as much. It's cliched, amateur hour stuff, and BK cant act for shite, but he's certainly packing heat in the trouser dept, fair play to him.

Saltburn. Second go and finished it this time. Didn't hate it as much. It's cliched, amateur hour stuff, and BK cant act for shite, but he's certainly packing heat in the trouser dept, fair play to him.
this was pure shite. Its only redeeming feature was

teh Paddy killed all teh brits

Theatre Camp on Disney.

We were just flicking looking for something to watch, saw it had some cast members from the Bear in it, so gave it a chance, and it was ACE!

Just joyous and hilarious, we were roaring laughing through it. Spinal Tap for drama school kids.

The Rats Woke Up
It's about this Yugoslavian guy trying to get money to send his sick sister to the seaside while also trying to find a girlfriend, being mixed up in some slightly dodgy dealings and in a choir. This is great.

Three
It follows a different Yugoslavian guy through three periods in WW2 - trying to flee the expected German invasion, being chased across the mountains and swamps of Yugoslavia by German soldiers and being an officer or something after getting the upper hand in the war. Excellent, the place looks amazing.

The Holdovers.
Well-made film that is pretty good, HOWEVER....

Have you seen Scent Of A Woman? If so, then you've already seen a better version of this film.

Also, the whole Christmas setting is pretty irritating, because the music in the film is fucking irritating. Loads of fucking Christmas songs. Fuck off with that.

Giametti is great as usual.

Basically it is a good film, but the constant Graduate feel of it is annoying as fuck even if it might be a good way to set the period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back