What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

The Vampire Doll. Not that good, I can barely remember it now.

At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul. The first Brazilian horror apparently, it's ok, I'm not going to bother watching the sequel.

Winterbeast. Cheap incoherent native american spirit stuff. It's really terrible but also quite entertaining.
winterbeast.PNG

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Very good Czechoslovakian animation.

Cat Person.
This is great, very funny film with tonnes of cringey shit in it, a load of 'paranoia', lots of great little 'imagining' sequences, and also a bunch of illustration of different aspects of dating/hook-up culture. Real good.

When I say 'imagining sequences', I mean stuff like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't Look Now .. superb

The Micro Men ..great fun for lads of my age
Went to watch Don’t Look Now on a whim a few years ago over in London BFI around this time of year. Had seen it a couple of times by then but it was one of my favourite movies watching experiences ever. Love that movie.

watched Old Dads and The Boogeyman on various streaming services over the weekend.

Old Dads is good craic and vindicates my decision not to have kids

The Bogeyman is a new take on the Stephen King short story (from Night Shift maybe, back when he was good). Good halloween flick. Well made and worth the watch. Probably not suitable for kids. Which vindicates my decision not to have kids.

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. I didn't really like it
Valerie, a Czechoslovakian teenager living with her grandmother, is blossoming into womanhood, but that transformation proves secondary to the effects she experiences when she puts on a pair of magic earrings. Now seeing the world around her in a different light, Valerie must endure her sexual awakening while attempting to discern reality from fantasy as she encounters lecherous priest Gracian, a vampire-like stranger and otherworldly carnival folk.

watched Old Dads and The Boogeyman on various streaming services over the weekend.

Old Dads is good craic and vindicates my decision not to have kids

The Bogeyman is a new take on the Stephen King short story (from Night Shift maybe, back when he was good). Good halloween flick. Well made and worth the watch. Probably not suitable for kids. Which vindicates my decision not to have kids.
Old Dad's is worth a watch alright. It's basically just a Bill Burr set fleshed out into a movie

Went to watch Don’t Look Now on a whim a few years ago over in London BFI around this time of year. Had seen it a couple of times by then but it was one of my favourite movies watching experiences ever. Love that movie.
Don't Look Now .. superb
When I visited Venice this movie was foremost in my mind. I even visited the church that Donald was renovating. Everywhere you go in the city is a scene from the film. Loved it.

Trolls 3 - Band Together

Unfortunately, pretty weak. Disappointment after 2 strong first movies. Checked the wiki and this only had one screenwriter, while the others had a few people. Including an early simpsons writer and someone from the larry sanders show.

Started American Psycho last night as a Halloweeny style movie. Never watched it before. Got an hour in before bedtime.

It's 23 years old, but I did feel the footage is kind of cheap looking. And some of the shots too. Like there is a pan up and zoom towards a sky scraper before cutting to PB in his office. It's not bad, but felt kind of...sit com like.

Anyway, enjoying it. He's just about to take Chloe Sevigny to dinner so I hope he doesn't murder her horribly. been a long time since I read the book.

went to see killers of the flower moon last night in the stella rathmines (highly recommended way to see this one). it's a pretty decent film. the fact that i didn't get bored at any point during the 3.5 hours says a lot i think, although it's not my favourite of scorsese. good performances, especially leonardo dicaprio

Pain Hustler, I think it was called. On Netflix. Watched it when I was hiding out the back of the house from the tricky treaters (none called).

Good movie. Really enjoyed it. Everything about it. How it was made, who was in it, how it was acted. Great stuff.

Started American Psycho last night as a Halloweeny style movie. Never watched it before. Got an hour in before bedtime.

It's 23 years old, but I did feel the footage is kind of cheap looking. And some of the shots too. Like there is a pan up and zoom towards a sky scraper before cutting to PB in his office. It's not bad, but felt kind of...sit com like.

Anyway, enjoying it. He's just about to take Chloe Sevigny to dinner so I hope he doesn't murder her horribly. been a long time since I read the book.
1698846344582.png
The offspring as American Psycho. I'm hazy on the story details - don't think the main character removed his own brain.

Watched 3 movies this weekend.

Fingernails on appleTV+ - not a fucking clue what this was meant to be about but Jessie Buckley was great in it. Worth watching for her.

Quiz Lady on Disney - good craic and definitely recommended.

something Killers on Prime - forget the name of it but the kid from Mad Men is in it. The girl kid. This was good craic but also a bit shit, but also good craic so there's that.

Last two films I've seen have been surprisingly on Netflix, and pretty good.
First was Old dads. If you like Bill Burr and his schick, then, it good but you kinda know a good bit of where it's at.
Second one was Talk to me. About a teen girl who communicates with the dead, with a modern take on a séance, sending her off into a dark spiral of mental breakdown and possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back