What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Bad Neighbours. A college fraternity moves in next door to a youngish couple who are worried about becoming old and uncool and a turf war ensues. I suppose your enjoyment of this will depend on your tolerance for Seth Rogan and dick jokes. I like both so found this pretty amusing. Dave Franco is well creepy. Zac Efron is great.
5319_3986.jpg

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Thoroughly enjoyable. Full of great one liners and it strikes just the right balance between sweet and low brow. Well drawn characters and the cast are all very good, even ole Rusty Rockets himself. It's a shame that Mila Kunis's character veers a little too close to MPDG territory, but it's that kind of film. Bill Hadar, Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill absolutely steal the film in whatever scenes they are in.
MV5BMTYzODgzMjAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI3NzI2MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

This morning i found myself sitting at the kitchen table watching Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, which was everything you'd expect to be. Still not sure exactly how that happened.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then I watched Dear Mr Watterson, which was very nice.

This morning i found myself sitting at he kitchen table watching Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, which was everything you'd expect to be. Still not sure exactly how that happened.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a movie?

The Youtube isn't embedding.

Cold in July. Thoroughly enjoyed this, despite its implausible plot. Gripping and highly entertaining. The three leads are fantastic, even if they appear to be acting in completely different films at times. Reminded me variously of A History of Violence, Cape Fear and Blood Simple. The John Carpenter inspired score is superb too. Far more enjoyable than the overrated and dreary Blue Ruin.
cold-in-july-quad-poster.jpg

X Men Days of Future Past.
Grand
Everything set in the future looked like the start of T2 if it were directed by M Knight Shamaladingdong
So I disliked that.
One would have though that superhero costumes wouldn't be a priority in a distopian future!

Cold in July. Thoroughly enjoyed this, despite its implausible plot. Gripping and highly entertaining. The three leads are fantastic, even if they appear to be acting in completely different films at times. Reminded me variously of A History of Violence, Cape Fear and Blood Simple. The John Carpenter inspired score is superb too. Far more enjoyable than the overrated and dreary Blue Ruin.

Plus Sam Shephard is my mate

Wow, sounds class. Must check that out.

Farhadi's The Past out in the Pavillion in Dun Laoghaire.

Excellent family drama cut from the same cloth as his previous Oscar-winning A Separation. Terrific performances all round including the stunning Bejo (The Artist) and Rahim (A Prophet).

akira.jpg

having heard great things about the newly rereleased soundtrack I gave this a watch. excellent. military experiment on kids wreaks havoc on Tokyo 2018(from a 1988 point of view). some damn trippy scenes in parts of this. very enjoyable watch. will be picking up that soundtrack reissue too

"and then James Garner's magic notebook cures Gena Rowlands's dementia for five minutes—you know, like medical science—but every time the skeptical doctor comes in she goes back to being senile again because she's like the Michigan J. Frog of dementia"

Re-watched Stake Land. Don’t think I appreciated it much when I first saw it. It’s really quite good. Manages to successfully merge the post apocalyptic and vampire genres which is an achievement considering the total saturation of the two in recent years. Great visuals and highly atmospheric.

stake-land-poster1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back