What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

its_kind_of_a_funny_story.jpg

I was at the premiere of this at the Toronto Film Festival.
Enjoyable.

Emma Roberts is now my new official semi-legal-horn.

51rsyh159rl-_ss500_1.jpg

Gary Daniels and Sugar Ray Leonard in Compton vs the Crips, the IRA and a roller hockey team. Gary Daniels also teaches kids to take pizza out of the box before putting it in the oven.

b00000jkw201lzzzzzzzhi6.jpg

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Chow Yun Fat, shooting, exploding*.

*Chow Yun Fat does not explode. Other things do.

Four Lions
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2010/04/Four-Lions-Poster-LR.jpg

Occaisionally very funny and occaisionally very irritating. Chris Morris just can't right charachters, he can write very funny scenes though.
By the time it reaches the end any hope of poignancy is lost by virtue of the fact that the charachters are too thin to really care about them. Energetically and admirably un-PC throughout it saves its most telling criticisms for the vignettes which depict the british security services. Not so much a brave or bold statement movie as a raspberry blown into the mic at a speaking engagement.

If only there was room here for a little more heart the final scenes may have reached the gloriously depressing highs of Withnail and I or Only Fools and Horses as all british comedy should do.

Good but not good enough to get Morris killed.

Dogtooth
dogtooth.jpg

Brilliant. Probably the best film I've seen this year. Reminiscent of early Lars Von Trier or even a (whisper it) funny version of Micheal Hanek or even a restrained Harmony Korine. Surreal, engaging, unique and affecting, ingenious and un-nerving this will no doubt be remade by yanks in 2 years time with everything good about it bleached out to make an enjoyable romp with Sarah Jessica Parker, Robin Williams and the latest line of Shitehawk Lebouf and Megan Fox clones. See this now so you can righteously piss on the seats of your local omniplex when the Yankabortion version is released.

Hadn't a clue what to expect and thought it was very good. I realised i don't hate Banksy, i hate a lot of the cunts that like him. Loads of his stuff in this is great.

I was randomly walking down the street in Toronto last weekend and spotted a piece of his in an alleyway.

banksy-artist1.jpg

It's quite small - about a foot high and had a perspex cover when I saw it.

Peacock - Enjoyed this movie, it stars Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page, Susan Sarandon. Cillian plays a schzoid charcter who acts out the role of both husband and wife and his carefully structured routine of domesticity is shattered when a train carrier derails and crashes into his back garden. It gets stranger and is definitely worth a look. Cillian Murphy is outstanding in it and he carries the film really well.

You can check the movie out free on this link- zSHARE - www.filmikz.net-Peacock.2010.DVDRip.XviD.GFW.avi

You have to copy and paste it into your browser.

i watched The Killer Inside Me last night. i thought casey afleck was very convincing but the film was quite boring
just watched this. i thought it was very good, your man's motivation for all the stuff he did wasn't terribly convincing though...i know you could say he was just mental, but..

Dogtooth
dogtooth.jpg

Brilliant. Probably the best film I've seen this year. Reminiscent of early Lars Von Trier or even a (whisper it) funny version of Micheal Hanek or even a restrained Harmony Korine. Surreal, engaging, unique and affecting, ingenious and un-nerving this will no doubt be remade by yanks in 2 years time with everything good about it bleached out to make an enjoyable romp with Sarah Jessica Parker, Robin Williams and the latest line of Shitehawk Lebouf and Megan Fox clones. See this now so you can righteously piss on the seats of your local omniplex when the Yankabortion version is released.

Yeah it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back