What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

I shouldn't be allowed to watch certain films, this being one of them.
As always, brilliant.
waywere.jpeg

Inception

I enjoyed it- I was surprised it had a 12a cert and wondered how a 12 year old could keep track of whats going on as my brain throbbed once or twice during it

Good sci-fi fun that really reminded me of some 2000ad style comics

And it's the first movie I've seen starring midget actress Ellen Page that I didn't loathe

thebutcher.jpg

Not about cutting up meat and the like. More about Eric Roberts shooting people.

The players:

ERIC ROBERTS
ROBERT DAVI
KEITH DAVID
MICHAEL IRONSIDE
VERNON WELLS
GEOFFREY LEWIS

I'd watch any old shite with any one of those lads in, never mind the lot of them. Ironside and Wells are in this for a combined 15 seconds. The bad guys can't shoot for shit (bad guys never can, but they're trying extra hard to show how bad their shooting is in this). Keith David has a pimp style hat, but he's actually a bookie.

Anyways, this is pretty generic stuff but it's extremely watchable generic stuff. Directed by some dude called Jesse Johnson, who also directed something called Pit Fighter which I must watch because it has Scott Adkins in it.

strangergunfighterqn0.jpg

Like that there picture above says, this picture has Kung Fu im Wilden Westen. Much like the Bronson / Mifune Red Sun east/west business, this here has Lo Lieh and Lee Van Cleef chasing down young ladies to look at their asses. Not joking, this is actually what it's about. Old Chinese dude has tattoed the location of his treasure across four asses and that's what they're after. Various references to assistance, getting to the bottom of the matter etc. Lee Van Cleef shoots people, Lo Lieh kung fus them, you know the score.

Pulled out an old favourite:

200px-Barcelona-movie.jpg

Fred: "Yankee" and "gringo" are obviously pejorative, but it's the standard dictionary term that's the most insulting of all. "Estadunidense." Dense. D-E-N-S-E. It's the same spelling. Dense: thick, stupid. Every time you hear it. Estadunidense-dense-dense. It's like a direct slap in the face. It's incredible.
Montserrat: I think you are too sensitive.
Fred: Oh great, now we're too sensitive.

Continuing on with old favorites... I have this gem lined up for tonight:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ned Riffle: I want adventure. I want romance.
Bill McCabe: Ned, there is no such thing as adventure. There's no such thing as romance. There's only trouble and desire.
Ned Riffle: Trouble and desire.
Bill McCabe: That's right. And the funny thing is, when you desire something you immediately get into trouble. And when you're in trouble you don't desire anything at all.
Ned Riffle: I see.
Bill McCabe: It's impossible.
Ned Riffle: It's ironic.
Bill McCabe: It's a fucking tragedy is what it is, Ned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back