What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

If Arnofsky gets on your tits I do not recommend this

synecdoche_new_york.jpg

It reminded me why I hated Adaptation. Kaufman sets up a great premise and some persnable charachters then spend the second half of the movie reminding you how clever he is and sucks all the heart out of the procedings in favour of off the wall imaginative flights of fancy and just plain silliness.

On the other hand
moon-poster.jpg
is excellent and Sam Rockwell must surely win every award possible for his performance. Both Clever and heartfelt. Highly recommended.

It reminded me why I hated Adaptation. Kaufman sets up a great premise and some persnable charachters then spend the second half of the movie reminding you how clever he is and sucks all the heart out of the procedings in favour of off the wall imaginative flights of fancy and just plain silliness.

On the other hand is excellent and Sam Rockwell must surely win every award possible for his performance. Both Clever and heartfelt. Highly recommended.

Wow, quite the opposite for me. Loved Synecdoche New York. Thought there was loads of heart in there. Was very disappointed with Moon. Great performance indeed but the story was very slight. Kept waiting for it to take a more interesting twist after the main reveal.

Wow, quite the opposite for me. Loved Synecdoche New York. Thought there was loads of heart in there. Was very disappointed with Moon. Great performance indeed but the story was very slight. Kept waiting for it to take a more interesting twist after the main reveal.

I was expecting the plot to take off too but was so glad it just stuck to the interaction between the two versions of the same charachter.

Synecdoche did little for me once it got to the point where charachters appeared and then died/dissappeared while the two leads stopped developing and started to put on make up instead of any depth

thirstz.jpg

Good vampire film - like most of Park's work it starts off slow then ends in crazyness....It was a lot diffrent than i expected.

I watched Greta. It was rather infuriating and predictable and cliche and annoying but I found Evan Ross utterly captivating and beautiful, despite all of that. And Hilary Duff is beautiful in it too. I don't really know why I watched it to be honest. I guess overall I'd say it looks great.

6qcj59d.jpg

6krtpxe.jpg

frost_nixon_poster.jpg

Extremely well acted piece of actor based dialogoue driven charachter based biopic. The entire thing is based around one interview and is made fascinating by the fact you can watch the interview on youtube, it's interesting and engaging stuff though not as mind blowing as certain yank critics would have you believe. Worth watching along with with "Nixon" Oliver Stones OTT expose, which like this, paints Nixon as a tragic isolated figure rather than evil tyrant.

then

revolutionary-road-movie-poster.jpg

Which is very nice to look at but ultimately a hollow stage play at heart.

well, it's pretty cool when they're flying through a city in a plane and it's all falling apart around them, and Chiwetel Ejiofor does his best, great actor imho.

not worth watching though

a few weeks ago I saw Where the Wild Things Are. disappointed. It was lovely to look at, but really rather flat. And I'd been soooo looking fw to it.

last night I watched Inglourious Basterds. Loved it. That detail of the cream being dolloped on the strudel? Brill.

just watched the bad news bears - classic!
the original underdog sports team comedy, with little kids swearing, smoking and fighting, overseen by an alcoholic walter matthau

here they are with their celebratory beers after the last game of the season

bears1.jpg

bad_news_bears.jpg

also the star catcher is the guy who plays rorschach in watchmen

JackieEarleHaley2_picts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back